If you like history & geography and online games

4 for Globle and I cheated with Wordle.

1 Like

like Klawdy said, if it broadens your knowledge, it’s still a good thing!

1 Like

12 for Globle and 5 for Worldle

Worldle didn’t recognise Eswatini as a country???

3 Likes

For those who enjoy these games and want to improve their knowledge of the countries of the world, I recommend this quiz from Sporcle.

Keep doing it until you can name all 197 countries (without referring to google etc)

3 Likes

Didn’t know what I was doing with Globel and got it in 14 goes. Managed to get Worldle in 6 which again had some teething issues as it was my first attempt.

Good fun though!

1 Like

5 for globle and 3 for worldle. Getting better! Worldle was probably 50% luck, though.

1 Like

I got extremely lucky & 1st guess was a neighbour country so got it in 2. Is there supposed to be anything to start by or is it just pot luck? I just picked a large land mass & went for something in the middle but I could just as easily have started the other side of the globe.

I haven’t checked out Wordle yet but it seems to be everywhere. People keep posting the patterns on FB but I have no idea what they mean.

1 Like

this is worldle - different to wordle! :grinning:

and yes, pot luck for the first guess with globle!

Old people & the interwebz! I’ll check out the other link. :blush:

3 Likes

Globle: 2 guesses
Worldle: 2 guesses

Funny enough though, I did Worldle first and got the country there, then just used that country name in Globle and it was the one that borders it.

1 Like

Still thinks it is Swaziland?

I did them the other way round so knew exactly what Wordle was 1st go. I assume they are not linked games & todays connection was coincidence. Fair to say I’ve peaked at this game & should retire.

2 Likes

I guess so…rather poor given that the name changed in April 2018

1 Like

Thanks @Koala. Enjoyed these. Had to cheat first time cos clearly I don’t know my Albania from my elbow.

4 Likes

Globle tin ■■■.

:earth_americas: Feb 20, 2022 :earth_africa:
Today’s guesses: 2

Failed on Worldle though.

3 Likes

Today’s guesses: 9
Current streak: 2
Average guesses: 9.5

Danced around it

2 Likes

#Worldle #30 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Guessed the first 3 but used a map for the last one as I was close but had no idea. Must admit it’s improving/refreshing my world geography knowledge.

2 Likes

Much better at both now I know what the actual objective is!

Globle: 5 guesses

Today’s guesses: 5
Current streak: 2
Average guesses: 9.5

Worldle: 3 guesses
#Worldle #30 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

2 Likes

Took me 16 guesses on Globle today. Now I have a better idea on how close certain shades of red are to the country.
Got Worldle on my second guess, after being over 10,000km away with my first guess.

2 Likes