I'm bored and want to watch one quarter of footy from 2018, which one?

How does one actually watch any particular quarter of our season? Cheapest and quickest way possible preferred.(having not ‘taped’ any games… What do the kids do now to record the telly?)

It just dawned on me, ipods and iphones didn’t exist last time we won a flag. (or final)

1 Like

AFL live pass, $90 p.a. to hell with Murdock.

If you have Foxtel presumably you could keep the whole season in your iq.

I use to torrent the whole season or rip the replays straight of the AFL website and keep them. I’m not sure whether that is still an option.

If you’ve got a VPN, you could purchase a ‘Watch AFL’ subscription for $189 (12 months).
Sounds like a lot, but every game is available LIVE, and every game is up immediately (even whilst still in progress).
Also includes FOX Footy channel, and the main shows are available to watch any time.

I trialled it for a week and the quality is not bad.
Somewhere between SD and HD (probably 720).
Just thought I’d share, as not everyone wants to get Foxtel.

I had this as part of an EFC International membership last year and it was great. I had far better access to watching live games on TV in the US than I’ve ever had in Australia (despite the time difference).

Imagine my disappointment after I signed up to the Telstra crap upon returning to Australia thinking it was a similar sort of deal.

Yep, I also get AFL Live for free as I’m on a cheap Plan on my IPad thru Telstra.
As you are probably aware, LIVE games only utilise 7 inches of the screen.
AirPlay onto a TV or thru Apple TV is not possible.
Replays are not made available till the next day.
I use it because I don’t want to re-subscribe to Foxtel, but it’s pretty cr*p.

The global ‘Watch AFL’ is far superior.

Is that available in Australia?

No, you need a VPN service to mask your location.
I’m not that tech savvy, but it didn’t take me long to purchase a subscription, and configure my router settings.

Could be daunting for some though.

It’s good to talk

Last quarter versus crows

Blitz match day thread?

(may not be the best way but it’s free)

The last qtr of the Sydney v Melbourne scrap is a beauty.

Any quarter from Essendon vs dogs. Enlightening experience

4th quarter vs geelong jlt match

1 Like

Bit late now, but are you aware of Kodi and the AFL Video addon? It uses your Telstra login to get the video feed and play full screen. I have a media centre hooked up to my TV and watch it on there, my brother in law has it also.

It got removed from their website, no doubt pressure from the AFL, but you can still find it.

1 Like

2nd quarter from the Rich v Coll prelim last night.

You can see the exact moment Rich hearts break.

1 Like

Got home after a few and decided to watch the last qtr vs Crows. Geez Walla was huge to get us back in it, I forgot how good Hooker looked as a forward target (still prefer him as a back…I think?), our disposal needs some work but the speed tears them open. And I farking love the fridge!

4 Likes