In what round will the Pies sack Bucks?

Pretty sure they were in a GF not that long ago.

Pretty sure they haven’t won anything since he was appointed coach.

You do realise that we haven’t won a final in almost 2 decades?

Sure they didn’t win the big dance, but it’s a good feeling getting there (at the time).

Based on how Pies came back in the last quarter, I think they should re-sign him for another 3 years.

1 Like

He will coach out the remainder of the season, then there will be a “mutual” parting of ways. They won’t sack him.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much how I see it happening too

Agree

I nominate this for the non-Essendon forum.

When they sack him I hope he says “shame on those who sacked a champion”

3 Likes

I nearly did it once on my own in junior footy.

20 marks, 1.10

It took some time to live that down.

3 Likes

That’s exactly the kind of thing he’d say.

No shortage of investment in his own capital funds, old FIGJAM.

1 Like

They won’t sack him.
Their season is over, no secret… they’ll give him one more go next year.

They either have to back him in and give him 3+ years to get this rebuild going, or it’s time for change. A short-term deal does nothing but further intensify the scrutiny next season. If they say they’re rebuilding and give him 3+ years it takes the pressure off because when you’re in a rebuild win-loss is off the agenda. Personally, I think he will go. It’s about how they manage the exit and ensure they don’t “■■■■ on a monument”.

Pendles ( 34 next season) has been playing injured. Ah, that’s the reason the Pies are off.
Does Pendles have the stomach to lead a 3-4 year rebuild or even keep going?

Its time to sweep out the old blokes like Pendles, Mayne, Greenwood, (and Cox who looks done )

They won’t sack him. They’ll tank the rest of this season now and continue to play turgid football.
Bring in 2 x new assistant coaches - get rid of Harvey and Sanderson. Their draft hand next year doesn’t help them at all, even if they get Daicos, that’s all they’ll get.

The best part is, tanking to improve their draft position is not on the agenda because GWS has their first pick and Hawthorn their 2nd rounder this year. LOL!

3 Likes

Just a comment on the continued decline of Sidebottom. He is now a shadow of his former smooth moving self. Yesterday he stopped and propped a number of times after marking multiple times on the FF, killing off any chance to get the ball into a 1 to 1 contest and a score. He probably wasn’t helped by the reluctance of any of his forwards to lead to him, but it is still incumbent on him to move the ball on quickly. His indecision is noticeable. He has also slowed down, and is now getting tackled more, where he used to be so slick he was hard to nail.

2 Likes

I hope they back bucks, clear spud.

Just an opinion, but I think Buckley probably has enough personal integrity to walk away if/when it’s obvious that the previous off-season debacle has irretrievably split the footy department. Which I think it has, and was always going to.

He publicly stood up for Hird whilst his own friend and President was using his media clout to undermine us. I haven’t forgotten that . There’s a reasonable bloke hidden somewhere inside that collingwood garb(age).

9 Likes

Yeah. I don’t mind Bucks. I don’t know what influence he had on the racism and salary cap debacles. I suspect he’s dealing with the failures of those outside his control. I think he’s a very strong coach of the rest of the club is competent.

He’ll retire, but it will be as classy an exit as they can manufacture.