Injury Update from the club

Update update update pleeeeeease

They also said he was about to do an 11km training session, which is as much as the Geelong guys were doing in a week pre-Xmas

Joey looked better than I’ve seen him for a while today. Ran well, including sprints. Kicked well and long. Tackled, jostled, ran for long periods. He’s not far off.

8 Likes

Essendon injury PR:

October: It’s going to be a massive year next year for the red and black. Become a member for the 20XX season!

January: Sure, there’s a few key players who are injured, but they’re all due back soon, so we’re in really great shape for the year ahead!

March: Everybody is fit and raring to go!

May: Look, we were always going to have a slow start to the year with the amount of players who were injured in pre-season, but they’re building now and should be at full fitness very soon, so we’re still on track

August: We never really stood a chance this year because of all the injuries, but it’s been another great development year regardless

October: It’s going to be a massive year next year for the red and black. Become a member for the 20XX season!

6 Likes

hahaha I cant remeber the last time we had a clean bill of health during the pre season. I know injuries cant be avoided but it’s still annoying that our important players have interupted pre seasons.

I love it. Joedan tackled then jostled. Kickem when their down Joedan! Then he ran away for a long time…sweet. Bet he was laughing his ■■■ off while finger twirling! :grin::grin::wink:

2 Likes

Give this man a job.

In related news, Blitz pulled a brain muscle. Luckily, the club will fail to report that too.

2 Likes

Story about Zac coming up on ch9 sports now

Is he still dead?

Ankle,. sore, … sore ankle.

1 Like

And yet you want us to attack the JLT flat out.

There are injuries and then there are injuries.

The impact ones like spraining an ankle, falling awkwardly and doing a knee, leg, coping a hard knock and doing a rib or shoulder - well that’s just bad luck and it’s what can happen during a real match. I “hate” the hard stuff at training because of the risk for these injuries to happen. But that’s dumb, as you have to train for the physical stuff since you need to develop the skills to play in those conditions. While you can reduce the chances of injury you can’t prevent it happening.

The other injuries like soft tissue - there is also a level of bad luck with those - but I feel you can mitigate them if you are diligent with doing the right warm up and stretching and cool down etc.

End of the day it’s the risk of pushing your body into situations that can cause injuries.

1 Like

Yep. Hard to train for a contact sport without contact.

1 Like

AFLX…?

2 Likes

Ha, hadn’t thought of that, … maybe that’s what the “X” means??

AFL X (ex) Comtact?? :thinking:

If only we could be match fit without the risk of training injuries …

Essendon: The only club that has injuries.

PS: 15 years of mediocrity (drink)
PPS: Early onset OP
PPPS: I want a detailed injury update now.

2 Likes

You forgot ‘early onset’

Oi! it’s in there!