Injury Updates

Plenty reporting that he has another year. Including Cal Twomey, Mitch Cleary and McGowan. Also hasn’t been included in some OOC lists recently.

And it’s been mentioned by some on Blitz.

I will laugh if he has another year, seems there may have been a trigger/sneaky extension that we didn’t hear about.

1 Like

That would be typical of this club

1 Like

I mean, I say Heppell won’t be playing for us next year…

Ridley already ruled out. Guelfi timeline has shifted out.

2 Likes

Sigh. Ridley’s dead isn’t he?

It will be interesting to see what level of fitness Wanganeen has when he returns. If he’s well off the pace like he has been most of his career, then you’d think it’s career over for him

1 Like

I’m ok with Ridley having another week

Is an oblique strain more or less serious than an acute strain?

5 Likes

He triggered an extension last year for 2025 that is why we looked at moving him on to reduce the impact on our salary in 2025 :nauseated_face:

It’s quite difficult to maintain high fitness levels with a foot stress fracture so I’d expect him to need a fair chunk of time to build it back up.

1 Like

Tex had put on size in his upper body over pre season which is odd for a player getting over a navicular.

I haven’t seen training since the start of year but my schedule opens up from mid April to late May, looking forward to venturing to training to see how things have changed for in season training for squad including the rehab group.

2 Likes

It’s more of an opaque than oblique situation with Shiel.

1 Like

I said niggles, I promise!

Yes, they are being a bit obtuse, aren’t they?

2 Likes

Hasn’t Reid’s timeline shifted too? I thought it was only a month out

Not from last week it hasn’t. It was listed at 4 weeks last week and now down to 3.
But I think initially they said 4-6. It’s going to be 6 by the time he comes back in round 7, ANZAC Day weekend. That is if the 3 weeks to return is what occurs.

They have a picture of Reid smiling while training inside the hanger on Insta. So that seems ominous.

1 Like

Yep that’s the worry.
The really profressional players find a way to keep their fitness levels up in those scenarios.

I just feel fitness has been the main thing holding Tex back so if this has curtailed him again, it’s going to be really hard for him to show enough in the remaining time this season to keep his spot on the list.

2 Likes

Ridleys 3 week quad has now almost doubled in timeframe haha.

2 Likes