Inspirational sport movies for the off season

Apologies if there is a thread on this , however as we whittle away the days to the new footy season,

can anyone share their favourite sporting movies ?

i have seen and enjoyed the likes of

Invictus

Moneyball

The Replacements

Trouble with the curve

as examples.

Fingers crossed after 2014 season, one can be filmed about EFC success.

Senna is pretty awesome, maybe not inspirational in some ways, but I found it an amazing movie.

Remember the Titans

Remember the Titans

Pharlap

The Cup

The Club…ok not inspirational but still ■■■■■■ funny

happy gilmore

Stickmen -  NZ movie about 2 young guys who want to be pool sharks.  

Cool Runnings

The Hustler - The Colour of Money

Seabiscuit

Slapshot is #1. I was inspired to buy glasses like the Hansen brothers and to get a train set.

rocky needs a bit of love here.

Mighty Ducks 3

Jerry McGuire

I’ve always liked Any Given Sunday.

The Wrestler was very good as well.

Glory Road, We are Marshall, raging bull,the blindside ,the basketball diaries ,invincible ,coach carter,

Rudy

Pharlap

I feature in that… along with everyone else who was at the MCG for the cricket the day the “PHAAAAAR LAP” chant was recorded. Except the chant mutated to “LILLLLLLLLL EE” a bit too early.

Add “Hoosiers”. Mind you, I remember almost nothing about it except I saw it in Ithaca on my birthday: those two facts are crucial as Ithaca College is name-dropped early on, and as I wanted to see something else (don‘t remember what) but it was rated PG-13 and some of my friends were still 12.

Pharlap

I feature in that… along with everyone else who was at the MCG for the cricket the day the “PHAAAAAR LAP” chant was recorded. Except the chant mutated to “LILLLLLLLLL EE” a bit too early.

Add “Hoosiers”. Mind you, I remember almost nothing about it except I saw it in Ithaca on my birthday: those two facts are crucial as Ithaca College is name-dropped early on, and as I wanted to see something else (don‘t remember what) but it was rated PG-13 and some of my friends were still 12.

LOLZ ...I didn't know that. You're famous!

42 is a pretty inspiring movie, about Jackie Robinson being the first African American baseball player in the modern era.

How bout a couple of sports movies from hard core fans side of it… Eddie, The perfect Catch or Celtic Pride :slight_smile:

Otherwise I love, A league of there own, Moneyball, The Rookie, Remember the Titans, Radio, Invincible and 8 men out.

Do sports movies include things about hunting humans? If so... Avenging Force.

billy elliott