Insurance

Haven’t seen Lachie Neale and Jack Gunston describing their harrowing escapes north via the underhand railroad

Car insurance day today. I’m with Suncorp. 2023 cost $979. 2024 renewal notice, $1,479! No explanation. +49%. So, I obtained a quote on the same equivalent from AAMI. Quoted price, $920.33. Changed over to AAMI. I don’t understand what Suncorp are expecting from customers, just pay up? Check your bill and negotiate or at least see what’s out there.

1 Like

Yeah I think most companies go along for a year or two and then test if you read the renewals.

I had home renewal and it kept gjving me a higher premium when I used the online tool. So I put in all the same details, except used the next door neighbours address. It was 20-25% cheaper.

When I rang to check up they said it was because of the higher risk in the suburb. When I explained that I compared other houses in the street. They said it was due to a higher risk of the actual house, and that there must’ve been a claim in the last 5 years. (There hasn’t been a claim ever since we’ve owned it 12+ years). They then said the risk was a combination of the house, and suburb…sigh.

So I just simply got another insurer.

1 Like

It’s the loyalty tax. They boost your premium up by a lot every year. Every year l call up and demand they give me the join up price or l will become a new customer elsewhere. They deny there is a loyalty tax then offer me a discount because of my record.
This year they wouldn’t give me a large discount because they couldn’t give in consecutive years, even though l have been getting it for years.
You always have to demand a better price because they will always try and overcharge their existing customers in the hope you are too busy to question it or apply somewhere else.

3 Likes