International Rules 2017 Series

That was awesome

I’ve loved both games

Goddard with some huge saves for the day!

4 Likes

What is it about Eddie that makes it impossible to dislike him?

2 Likes

He farked carlton

13 Likes

I can only speak for myself but I could never imagine wanting to put another guys sweat drenched shirt on. Why do people continue on with such stupid things, damn sheep.

Yep. Prior opportunity and “came out in the tackle” need to go.

3 Likes

I know they want to spread it around, but I reckon they would have got 60k at the MCG today.

1 Like

No Richmond players at all? Says a bit. Must be a fun fortnight for those involved though.

Same. Enjoyed the series and happy we came away with the win.

Zorko and Fyfe did alright too.

1 Like

Other than Conor, how many names are there in Ireland?

Switched off a few series ago but thought I’d give it another go this time. The second game was really entertaining.
Essendon should look at bringing over shane walsh that kid is absolute lightning quick and amazing agility. Just looked up his stats his only 21 and 185 centimeters.

Or, as the expert commentators refer to him, BG.

Bit harsh on Fyfe here, he was about the only guy in our team who knew you could take a mark.

Someone needs to slap the insistence on banana kicks out of Wingard.

Nice to see Sellwood kicked out of the game. As for the Irish guy who feigned head contact and took the soccer dive later…

3 Likes

How was Zerret?

how the ■■■■ does wingard get 7 and so does zach?

No. Farcical to think Brown got in over Judas.

Hibberd was doing laps with Pendlebury at training, may not have been fit.

Yeah and Brown was useless. To be fair I don’t think the game is as well suited to the really tall forwards unless they are really mobile.

Hibberd had a calf injury, Ryder was sore too I think and being managed into Port’s pre season.

1 Like

Brown was on holiday (think it was shortly after his honeymoon) when he was asked to fly back to play in IR.
Don’t think he would have been primed for IR.

Maybe it’s the lack of footy talking, but I liked it. The foot taps of the Irish add something different. I agree dropping the no prior opportunity rule helps. You can properly enjoy the skills of opposition team players. The players seem to love it. So, despite all you “club-only” whingers, when is State of Origin coming back?

2 Likes

Fyfe was great.

If I were Ross the Boss I’d instructing the recruiters to pick the two best midfielders available with picks 2 and 5, then running Fyfe as a genuine CHF next year. He is the complete package as a forward; dangerous in the air, able to step around players when the ball hits the deck, not to mention excellent defensive pressure.