Intra-Blitz T20 Cricket Match

Had a thought whilst watch watson and bailey go full retard that it might by fun if we have an intra blitz T20 game. Would imagine it would have to be a sunday as most if not all local cricket is on the saturday.

So here is what i think could work.

Location: Im sure we could find sufficient parkland in the city for a game all we would need is some witches hats for a boundary and some stumps

Numbers: 22 players and a couple to help out umpire and score

Date: Lets say mid to late jan?

Format: T20.

Rules: Could make it easier for those who don't play and use a tennis ball. Bowlers no more than say 4 overs each.

Im sure we can find a nice park with a bbq for a post game feed and a beer afterwards aswell.

Thoughts?

That could work.

I play cricket much better than footy, so I’m more likely to go.

You do good work Scotty!

Great idea scotty. I'd love to play. My game combines the batting prowess of Bruce Reid, the fielding of Phil Tufnell and the bowling of Scott Muller's grandmother.

Ok well what ill do is divide up two teams and as we join I'll start to fill them up if we get the interest we can lock the date in.
Team 1: Danks Destroyers
Scotty21
Windy Dill
Efc4eva
Matrixgeek

Goaloss

Team 2: Weapons Wizards
Paul Peos
Wimm
DJR
Bloodstaineddevils

Nandoz

Ok well what ill do is divide up two teams and as we join I'll start to fill them up if we get the interest we can lock the date in.
Team 1: Danks Destroyers
Scotty21
Windy Dill
Team 2: Weapons Wizards
Paul Peos

I'll take ya both on!
Note: might have to be a weekend though, I'm on nightshift during the week in Jan.
If ya thinking like a sun arvo, then hells yeah.

If the date permits then Im up for it.

I’m well past it though.

If you get good numbers I might just score.

Edit: and if we don’t get numbers then there’s nothing wrong with a game of sevens (or two).

If the date permits then Im up for it.
I'm well past it though.
If you get good numbers I might just score.
Edit: and if we don't get numbers then there's nothing wrong with a game of sevens (or two).

This is true. Ive popped into weapons wizards :)

Also thinking the parkland around goschs paddock would be suitable venue wise im sure there is a bbq somewhere there.

If its on a Sunday i'm available but not after 27th of Jan - i have never been available to play any forum sports days before!  

I bowl like Warne (just as good obviously) and bat like Macgill! perfect for 20/20

Damn, would love to play but I will likely be back in the west by then. I wonder if there are some informal T20 Sunday comps where Blitz could actually register a team? Obviously would take far more commitment than a one-off match but maybe food for thought in the future? 

I’m almost as bad at cricket as I am at footy. Sounds good to me.

IN! 

Been alooong time, but I'd be happy to roll the arm over.

can it be a Saturday?  I'll likely still be shitefaced if it's Sunday.

if you tennis ball it - tape one side for extra swing.

Would be nice to have an astro turf pitch & if not the real deal, at least an indoor ball or a rubba gutza.

Tennis balls are for b/yards & beaches. & if thats the case, how bout a park down St Kilda way?

Could take a dip after & hit the Espy.

In provided date allows. :)

From memory we have a cricket umpire on blitz. (Pazza?)

Hmm liking the interest so far :)

I’m putting dibs on a runner right now.

cue Ian Healy sledge

I'm putting dibs on a runner right now.
*cue Ian Healy sledge*

I'll bowl at you mate. Right arm nude.
I'll be placing a copy of Best Bets and a packet of Dunhill 20's just short of a length, that should tempt you out of your crease.

If we don’t get enough numbers for an outdoor game would anyone object to a game of indoor?