Investment advice

But you’d need to see where it is now in relation to 1-2 weeks ago.

1 Like

No apology required. It needs to be said (legally and ethically). I personally have finance guy that I’m working with and getting pro advice from, so just checking in on anything else here

10’s of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of small investors bought this stock in the last 2 weeks or so as you say…all are under water and will be forever in all likelihood.

Some feel it should be buyer beware and if you want to jump onto a train like this…broadly I agree. However if they were licensed…some of these guys would lose their jobs at best and potentially go to jail.

An interesting question to pose - because the DFV guy who started this on reddit took profits…does that mean it was market manipulation…because he’s told everyone to hold…going to the moon…150% short interest etc…but he has (sensibly) sold some or all of his position. His key defense against a market manipulation charge was that he wasn’t a seller…selling makes it look like a pump and dump…even if that wasn’t his intention.

that was a question some where starting to worry about last week , for his own safety more than others.

Technically he didn’t tell anyone to do anything, most of his posts on reddit are his posting of his account and how much money he made or lost for the day, going back to 2019.

His YT channel is about all the research he’s done and why he believed GME was a good buy and hold.

I think along the way from 2019 he’s brought and sold along the way. but i think he’s kept the shares, but brought and sold options/puts along the way, that’s why he has like 13 mil ish now…

is that market manipulation, and the holding and losing on the shares ( 33 odd million at it’s peak) enough to cover him about no wrong doing, who knows.

A basic ‘scheme’ a lot of these online spruikers will do - is run multiple brokerage accounts.

So I can post in real-time how I made ‘$10k going long on stock XXX’, meanwhile, in the background, I am running a different account going short on same stock for ($10k) - net result 0 and no risk and certainly no investment.

But I can pump the ■■■■ out of this for my YT channel, collect the clicks and views etc, close out the short position, whilst the long position is being pumped by the sheep followers.

If you think about it, the stock market can be a really effective tool to redistribute capital from one investor to another.

So excited for RAC

1 Like

yeah, have seen some of the dodgy ■■■■ people do, and i have a distrust for everyone .

and he may well have done that, and at worst got others to do the spruiking for him.
i just think if you have that sort of view of him in this instance, surely someone like that cash’s out at the peak, or close too and walk away all up with between 40-50 mil, and you simply ironically take on the risk that no one will come after you and if they do, maybe fine you a pittance of that and you keep the bulk.

I donno, i’m more looking at it from a psychological aspect and human nature. if you’re a greedy scam/con artist, more often than not you aren’t gonna walk away from that sort of money, just so you can walk away with 13 mil instead, with less question marks, while you continue to hold your original output.

I think you mean
dO yOuR oWn rESeaCrH

1 Like

Sticking it to the man. We owned those hedge funds man

Thus the don’t put all eggs in one basket argument.

People are collectively stupid, I mean GME was always crashing once the momentum stopped. People screaming to buy and hold when it was so overpriced was an obvious ploy for their own gain.

I just don’t get how people can get so caught up.

Thanks for the good write up. I have positions in two of those hopeful miners on your list.

I would air some caution to RAC though, today would be a good time to take some profits in that. It is a very very risky play.

When wall st bets realised it wasn’t going from $400 to $1,000 then they should have shorted it as well, some probably did to help them on the downside.

1 Like

A former Melbourne FC president and the brother of a Vic Liberal state president were both notorious for ramping…putting out news that would cause the mug public to buy their shares, and then the music would stop, and those in the know would sell their shares at inflated prices, leaving the rest of the public holding crap.

A mate of mine was plumb lucky. He bought Centaur shares at 20 to the cent, and sold at 20 cents…and it’s hard to go broke taking a 40,000% profit. They actually rose further significantly, but he was out. But it was ramping at its worst.

Gutnick no doubt
Well done to your mate for leaving some on the table for the next bloke

No doubt, are you talking about the current heat in RAC - yeah it has run hot this week, or are you talking about the technology?

i have stories about that era that would make your eyes water…many people should be in jail.

1 Like

i keep trying to buy stocks in DYOR but i can’t find it. everyones talking about it too, must be rocketing to pluto.

5 Likes

I lol’d

EFA

2 Likes