Is the season too long?

DID YOU KNOW PATRICK DANGERFIELD IS TOTALLY NORMAL? HE SURFS IN A SUIT.

2 Likes

All interstate clubs play each other twice, same for Melbourne clubs(excluding 2). 2 conferences. 24 games per season, ~8 games a week, 3 byes each. 4-5 teams play finals from each conference.
Lengthens the season, decreases preseason.
Decrease quarters to 15 minutes with time on. Reduce interchanges to 10 a qtr.
Introduce Monday night football and increase Thursday night football for the tv money which is easier to do because of the increased byes. Also games are shorter so not up all night getting home which people moan about.

No conferences.
No reduced game time.

Play each other once and then final 8. Because the ■■■■ football we have been made to watch on tv people are starting to switch off.

1 Like

I personally would be happy with 17 rounds (home and away rotating each year) with a top 10

First week 7 v 10 & 8 v 9 (everyone else has the draw)
Then normal finals

Would actually be a fair schedule for a change and can accommodate slight changes to the team numbers if Tasmania gets a team or Gold Coast folds or both

We would lose 43 games so I get that the league would be worried about $

Seriously?
So more than half the competition play finals?
You could conceivably lose more than you win and still play finals.
Talk about rewarding mediocrity.
I reckon I’d give up on footy rather than cop that.

It’s not too long, but it’s not short enough either. It’s compromised on so many levels that there’s no easy fix.

They have done it before the latest expansion teams and you are still here so I figure you are full of ■■■■

1 Like

Some sort of convoluted 17-5 bullsh1t scenario:

Extended season:

CONFERENCES

1 Like

Caaarnt Just wants more fishing time.

I don’t mind 17 rounds, but I don’t think anyone that matters will go for it.
17 + 5 then finals seems
a) fairest, and
b) the most commercially attractive

5 weeks of blockbusters before the finals…

Edit: lol. It’s not convoluted. Top six play each other for finals position, middle six for two finals spots, bottom six for…well, this is where it gets dicey, but maybe draft picks.
At least the bottom six would finish the season with their teams having a decent chance of winning.

…

4 Likes

So in conclusion, shut up?

1 Like

Ok.
So you’ve never heard of once to often
Not wishing to see a rubbisht concept again
But ok, I guess I’m just full of ■■■■

Yes.
Well spotted.

2 Likes

But Dangerfield said 34 games a season…

GEELONG midfielder Patrick Dangerfield has made a staggering AFL fixture suggestion, saying he would love to see the season extended to 34 weeks.

Under the AFL’s current draw format and broadcast rights agreement, the home and away season lasts 23 weeks.

Speaking on SEN Breakfast on Monday morning, Dangerfield said he wouldn’t mind cutting the season to 17 games, where every team would play each other once.

But the 2016 Brownlow Medallist added that he’s also concerned the AFL might cut the players pay if they decrease the number of games per season.

The midfielder said the clubs would come back in November, which would give players a six-week window to prepare for the expanded season.

“You speak to most team PT staff, ‘we need 10 weeks to get our players ready’ or ‘we need 12 weeks to get our players ready’,” Dangerfield said.

“Put it as mandatory you’ve got six weeks, good luck — and that’s what you’ve got and you’ve got to adjust to it.”

The Geelong star said he is excited for new innovation AFLX to begin, imploring the public to give it a chance before judging.

“It’s interesting when it was first released there was a bit of scepticism around it,” Dangerfield said.

“I think that was the same where the Twenty20 cricket was released and we saw what happened in India with the $3.2 billion dollar TV rights and how the Big Bash has really taken off.

“It’s a great concept the AFL’s come up with and I think if the public give it a chance, I think it’s something everyone’s going to enjoy.

“It’s the best part about the AFL, packaged into a more free-flowing game that something goes a bit quicker which perhaps we could introduced into the regular season.”

Hey rude boy, shut up.

dangerfield is a fkg idiot. really.

4 Likes

Ok buddy act like you hadn’t forgotten it happened in the last decade. Your post is clear that you would give up football if that happened, not if it happened again. Move on now and don’t do it again.

Yes sir.
Immediately sir.
Never again sir.
Sorry sir.

1 Like