Is Zac Smith any good?

I don't think he is as bad as some people on here are saying, not sure how Tbell, Smack and Smith all fit into the same side though.

Tbell Full Forward ?

I don’t think they do fit into the same side unless a guy like Joe is out injured. But you need a decent backup ruck.
Personally I’d be hoping we play Joe as a forward and Smack and TBell as rucks sharing it about 50/50 like Ryder and TBell did in 2013. Or if a guy like Smith (or whoever we trade/draft in) overtakes TBell, then good.

No

Good like a fox!

We need to recruit a good ruckman this year. I remember being very excited when Giles came to the Bombers in last year’s trade period and he played what, 2 games? In my opinion, Leuenberger is our man. A very capable first choice ruckman, as he proved before Stefan Martin arrived at Brisbane… speaking of Big Stef, it would be a dream come true to get him to the Bombers.

I would’ve thought the whole point of ensuring we held onto Bellchambers was the expectation he will come good and re-discover some of that form from two years ago when used correctly; ie. 50/50 ruck/fwd with SMcK. The only ruckman we could consider adding to our list should be a late draft selection/state leaguer we can develop for a few years.

I would've thought the whole point of ensuring we held onto Bellchambers was the expectation he will come good and re-discover some of that form from two years ago when used correctly; ie. 50/50 ruck/fwd with SMcK. The only ruckman we could consider adding to our list should be a late draft selection/state leaguer we can develop for a few years.

We do need someone who can replace Bellchambers if he’s injured or out of form. They clearly don’t think Giles is that man. If they pick up someone like Smith it will be interesting to see if they pay out Giles contract for next year.

Would be a pretty tough sell asking Smith to come on board so he can sit in the VFL and wait, if he’s signs on it will be for no1 ruck duties.

Won’t be paying more than a 3rd rounder for him.

we wasted a third rounder on giles last year, in a stronger draft.
Im hoping we use our third rounder on mitch brown

I would've thought the whole point of ensuring we held onto Bellchambers was the expectation he will come good and re-discover some of that form from two years ago when used correctly; ie. 50/50 ruck/fwd with SMcK. The only ruckman we could consider adding to our list should be a late draft selection/state leaguer we can develop for a few years.

Agreed.

Was a very good player before doing his knee in 2014 and couldn’t get it going again this year. One of his biggest weaknesses is that when he is “resting” somewhere else (like forward or back), he doesn’t get to the contest, cannot mark the ball and cannot kick goals. We already have that type, we need someone else.

Would be a pretty tough sell asking Smith to come on board so he can sit in the VFL and wait, if he's signs on it will be for no1 ruck duties.
maybe it's more of a, if no one else is willing to pick you up, we'd love to have you on board, however ...... as you say he'll prolly sit in the 2's until he either overtook belly or injury.

would all depend no doubt on what gametime he could get elsewhere. I doubt thought he’d be walking into any team at present as their no.1 ruckman, so who knows.

I hope we do our homework on him and not wait until he turns up for pre-season to realise how bad he actually is.

We should take all of the Suns ■■■■ players and leave the good ones for the opposition teams to get…

Don’t rate Smith, really hope we don’t pick him up.

I would take. First year back from a knee is hard. Has talent.

Smack gave him a bath.

Kinky