Issues with Blitz

your membership card has been sent by snail mail. But you know, Australia Post… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You lot do a great job. Ta

4 Likes

Can you post a screenshot?

Here is the google drive link as I couldn’t post the image directly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hLXPIXPj6dKWR5tKSvhksF0ftiiqCaP7/view?usp=drivesdk

Is anyone else having trouble with delays in site access and screen loading? Seems to have been happening since Saturday. I know my broadband/wi-fi is ok, and CPU load is minimal. I’m getting blank message fields and a spinning circle when scrolling through threads. I’m in the UK but that shouldn’t make a difference, and I’m not seeing any problems on other sites

Disappointed to find that this is for technical issues only!

just PM me with what you’d like it changed to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok Matthew Graham McDonald born in 1987, if those are your real details, but we’ll still be watching you.

2 Likes

Are advertisements meant to uncontrollably bork your position in a thread and scroll you to the end?

Edit: Pixel 6, Chrome.

Not necessarily an issue, but is there a way to stop the forum from auto loading whilst in threads?
I suspect it’s draining the battery of one of my 7 year old iPads.

Having the same issue and am in the same country btw. Have you resolved because if so pls tell if you could. Seems to have began a few weeks ago IIRC

Unfortunately I haven’t resolved. I’ve tried 3 different browsers, and tried on a Mac and PC, tried with adblocker and and off. All other Aus websites I look at (The Age, ABC etc) are working fine. Next step is to use a VPN and see if it is a location thing.
Yes began the day of the Geelong debacle.

Got me this one. I use mobile only. A ping is normal to Bomberblitz.com. Traceroute in comparison is not totally abnormal either but grinds. My mobile software (Android) updated on 23/3 and AV (McAfee) also around same time which I’ve tried to tweak to no avail. But as you say other Oz hosted web services seem normal e.g. smh.com. I notice when leaving a comment it takes a lot longer to do now. Go back to the menu and you may as well say goodnight. It often never returns

There’s been a subtle change and I think its at the Blitz end or the way the UK switches in between are now handling the requests. Looks like a timeout issue either in the db (no idea what Blitz tech is hosted on) or the network and like when large reads or simple writes are requested it cant get them back in time. Local users are probably masked from this … response times to remote users like ourselves are being hammered.

I’ll try get to a network bod this week or early next and see if he pins where it might be. Do let me know if you discover a solution.

Thanks. Unfortunately I lack the technical nous to make any helpful suggestions, but will ask at my end too

Plot thickens as performance this evening over WiFi returned to normal. I thought it was my WiFi (BT Broadband) or the firewalls/switches betwen the Hub and the main core. Switching from mobile data and back suggested so. But this evening … presto. I suspect BT have “done” something as one other WiFi I used elsewhere performed the same i.e degraded.

Let me know how you’re getting on. But it smacks of BT or another provider along the way doing some maintenance a fortnight ago and correcting it. The different data types Blitz sends back as you browse etc. temporarily exposed this bottleneck.

That’s my hunch … let’s see how it goes from here on end.

I’m getting some improvement I think, but Blitz to me now is mainly just a series of spinning circles. I’m als BT Broadband (Fibre to the Home)

Blitz is in need of some server maintenance. Which I tried a little this evening, and then broke. So I’m just backing everything up before going further…

5 Likes

Now on every page load before the actual page arrives:

3 Likes

I’m impressed you managed to capture that in time, it only appears for a very short moment.

2 Likes

I did the full-screen capture then cropped it. Not good enough to grab it specifically!