Jack Darling?

Meh. Have Francis, Langford, jobe to play the role and Darling isn’t as versatile as those guys. If he was a genuine kpf you would look at it but he isn’t.

So people would prefer to wait for Francis or Langford to kick 40-50 goals a year rather than bring in a player in his prime that does it already?

If his name isn’t Matthew Lloyd, do not want. Anyone else is a spud.

So people would prefer to wait for Francis or Langford to kick 40-50 goals a year rather than bring in a player in his prime that does it already?

i want francis down back with hurls. so to get darling would make that really possible.

imagine being a forward trying to get past Hurls and Franga, and potentially Hooker. Nope.

Much rather run with Francis myself.
Me too, with his fitness level I wouldn't have to run too far to catch up to him.

Watch first 15 seconds of this and tell me he doesn’t have courage:

Not worth pick 1 but definitely first rounder, can tackle, is mobile and kicks goals, we missed Gunston, this guy would be a real weapon.

If his name isn't Matthew Lloyd, do not want. Anyone else is a spud.

Maybe we can ask him to change his name to Matthew Lloyd as a condition of the trade?

Meh. Have Francis, Langford, jobe to play the role and Darling isn't as versatile as those guys. If he was a genuine kpf you would look at it but he isn't.

Isn’t as versatile as in he is a goal kicking forward who plays forward in the AFL?

Deal me in, Gives us the best spine in the AFL while maintaining good pace.

I could only see this happening if WCE was trading with Melbourne for Hogan. In which case it could be on the cards, as they would want space for Hogan. The price would probably be fair then - they’d need the picks to trade but also need to get it done. Them pushing reduces the chances that Darling will be fussed where he ends up.

Melbourne in: Hibberd, 12,19 Melb out: Hogan, 26 WCE In: Hogan WCE out: pick 12, Darling & Lamb Ess in: Darling, 26, Lamb Ess out: Hibberd,19
Looks unders for Melbourne. I think it would be more likely:

Melbourne in: Hibberd, #12, #19
Melb out: Hogan, #44
WCE In: Hogan, #44
WCE out: Darkling, #12, #30
Ess in: Darling, #30
Ess out: Hibberd,

I don’t think we’d have any interest in Lamb with Langford/Laverde/Redman.

Would mean we’d have #1, #30, #37 plus Darling. Given my preferences for mids, I’d only really want to do that if we could turn #1 into two first round picks, but I don’t think Darling is over-priced there.

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!
So they want to get rid of him, and he says, sure I'll go, but only to Essendon. What does West Coast bring to the negotation, other than 'we really want to clear the cap space and move this bloke on'. Other clubs are removed from the equation by Darling being happy to stay for the last year of his contract, which if all this is true, is not what WCE want. Where can West Coast take the upper hand in the negotations?

Not saying 26 will get it done, but his value is greatly reduced.

Not really. If WCE are shopping him around to get picks for the Hogan deal, that puts a floor on what they'd accept.
People are seriously saying no to our biggest need in someone who can kick goals other than JoeDan? Sorry but I don't see Hogan/Lobb/Darling announcing Essendon as their destination of choice and we potentially have a forward who kicks 40+ regularly each year who is 24 looking like coming to us and people are still saying no because of his last finals game? Give it a rest, he's exactly what we need to complete our spine.

He can duck his head and wear a tutu for all I care. If he kicks 40-50 a year then happy to have him.

Melbourne in: Hibberd, 12,19 Melb out: Hogan, 26 WCE In: Hogan WCE out: pick 12, Darling & Lamb Ess in: Darling, 26, Lamb Ess out: Hibberd,19
Looks unders for Melbourne. I think it would be more likely:

Melbourne in: Hibberd, #12, #19
Melb out: Hogan, #44
WCE In: Hogan, #44
WCE out: Darkling, #12, #30

Are. You. Kidding.

Edit: realised you missed 19 as an Essendon out. Slightly less incredulous now.

No thanks. We’ve got Bellchambers.

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!
No, it's not sufficient, but it's a good bl**dy start. I'd rate Darling around a pick 15ish. Downgrade our Pick 19 to something reasonable, and I'd say we're in the ballpark.
No, it's not sufficient, but it's a good bl**dy start. I'd rate Darling around a pick 15ish. Downgrade our Pick 19 to something reasonable, and I'd say we're in the ballpark.
I'd say his value is in the top 10.
As long as we no longer have to wear white shorts Jack will be fine

Better bring back the red shorts for away games then.

Do we really want a player that goes missing in big games?

He will fit right in then

Will have plenty of friends on Anzac day.

Like anything, at what price?

You can’t deny his presence along with Joe D Hooker/Francis or a resting Tbell would be valued.

But at what cost?

But at what cost?

AT WHAT COST