Jack Darling?

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!

So they want to get rid of him, and he says, sure I’ll go, but only to Essendon. What does West Coast bring to the negotation, other than ‘we really want to clear the cap space and move this bloke on’. Other clubs are removed from the equation by Darling being happy to stay for the last year of his contract, which if all this is true, is not what WCE want. Where can West Coast take the upper hand in the negotations?

Not saying 26 will get it done, but his value is greatly reduced.

Pretty sure WC will get a lot of suitors for Darling. He’s contracted so they still have the upper hand - they’re not going to accept unders.

Lol at people on here thinking that the Hibberd pick (26) is sufficient to get Jack Darling. Seriously?! Come on, open the other eye up!!

So they want to get rid of him, and he says, sure I’ll go, but only to Essendon. What does West Coast bring to the negotation, other than ‘we really want to clear the cap space and move this bloke on’. Other clubs are removed from the equation by Darling being happy to stay for the last year of his contract, which if all this is true, is not what WCE want. Where can West Coast take the upper hand in the negotations?

Pretty sure WC will get a lot of suitors for Darling. He’s contracted so they still have the upper hand - they’re not going to accept unders.

Just like us with Carlisle…
And Ryder…

Rumour says he wants to reunite with Woosha... would we have him?

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/jack-darling-leaving-the-eagles-nest/

Jack Darling is set to leave the West Coast Eagles during the 2016 trade period.

It is understood that after the player review at West Coast, the interview between Jack Darling and Coach Adam Simpson, it was agreed that a fresh start at another club maybe best for player and the club.

It is believed that Jack Darling wishes to team up with former mentor John Worsfold at Essendon and the former coach is very keen to have the big forward on his books.

The 24-year-old who is contracted to the end of the 2017 season has not yet officially requested a trade, but it is believed that a number of clubs have contacted his manager regarding the availability of Darling for next season.

Port Adelaide, Richmond, Collingwood and Carlton are four clubs who are very interested in the services of Darling but there is believed to be a number of other Victorian clubs who are circling the gun forward.

Darling has played 128 games and kicked 228 goals for West Coast since his debut in 2011.

Just like us with Carlisle…
And Ryder…

A little different. Apparently they could walk for nothing.

As I said in a previous post, I think he’s worth something from 10-20. To be fair, the lower end of that scale. BUT if West Coast are shopping him around with a year on his contract, that will affect what his value is. Suddenly it’s a buyers market when a club allegedly says that a player and club feels it’d be best for both for a fresh start elsewhere. This will affect his value, easily will add another 10 draft spots on top of his actual worth. Which does put Hibberd pick into contention. Especially if Darling specifies a club of choice.

It’d be completely different if we chased a happy contracted player at a club that wants him.

Absolutely get him in as he instantly fills our greatest need.

But ■■■■■■ hell for a bloke his size, he squibs a lot of contests!

Perfectly complements a JD & TBell forward setup.

And whilst Francis is the long term hope going to take a few years to get his fitness up. Darling is already a freak endurance wise for his size and proven goal kicker.

Perfectly complements a JD & TBell forward setup.

And whilst Francis is the long term hope going to take a few years to get his fitness up. Darling is already a freak endurance wise for his size and proven goal kicker.

Plays tall but surprisingly only 191Cms. Worth getting if cheap for sure.

Much rather run with Francis myself.

Would give our 2017 1st for him in a second.

Exactly what we need.

And before people say but 2017 is full of gun KPF prospects we can’t wait to develop that guy to partner Joe we need a guy now and Darling at 24 is perfect.

Well go on, get your boots on and hit the track.

Can’t believe the negativity on here. Of course it’s only speculation at this stage but if we did manage to secure Darling it would be a massive coup for the club.

Do we really need him when we have tbell, Ambrose, mark Bolton, Aaron henneman and co?

He’d just be making up numbers in the vfl.

Queue that Mexican girl.
A forward line with both Francis and Darling would be magnificent. Both good marking forwards, both good tackling/forward 50 pressure.
Delightful

Do we really need him when we have tbell, Ambrose, mark Bolton, Aaron henneman and co?

Do we want him?
Only if we think our premiership window is within the next 4 years?
If not then we should invest in the current players i.e Francis, Daniher, Lanford / Lav and this years picks

Is he worth pick 1?
Yes, but are we willing to give up pick 1?

Do we want him?
Only if we think our premiership window is within the next 4 years?
If not then we should invest in the current players i.e Francis, Daniher, Lanford / Lav and this years picks

Is he worth pick 1?
Yes, but are we willing to give up pick 1?

He’s only 24. Could easily play good football for the next 7 years

Queue that Mexican girl.
A forward line with both Francis and Darling would be magnificent. Both good marking forwards, both good tackling/forward 50 pressure.
Delightful

Francis will be a utility, he will only be kicking bags from outside 50. Woosha go and win yourself a Darling

Why do people think this impacts Francis negatively.

Just lets him play on the next best defender.

As I said in a previous post, I think he’s worth something from 10-20. To be fair, the lower end of that scale. BUT if West Coast are shopping him around with a year on his contract, that will affect what his value is. Suddenly it’s a buyers market when a club allegedly says that a player and club feels it’d be best for both for a fresh start elsewhere. This will affect his value, easily will add another 10 draft spots on top of his actual worth. Which does put Hibberd pick into contention. Especially if Darling specifies a club of choice.

It’d be completely different if we chased a happy contracted player at a club that wants him.

Agree with this. Pick 19 plus a pick upgrade - maybe 26 (via Melb for Hibb) for their 30 would seem fair result for both.