Jacob Townsend

Bring him in for farm Carlton game,knock out Cripps,then back to the vfl.sheedy would do this.

1 Like

Apparently we are looking at picking him up through the rookie draft, so he wouldn’t even occupy a senior spot.

3 Likes

Yep that’s my thoughts also

He won’t be best 22 but he will likely be upgrade on many of our depth options both fwd with those two and in midfield

2 Likes

I’m outraged at this possible rookie acquisition…just…outraged.

It’s outrageous.

1 Like

This is the kind of signing you expect from a new coaching regime. They usually get in guys who they know from their roles at previous clubs. This is as much of an off-field signing as it is on-field. He knows the Richmond program, and he will be a great leader and teacher to the other players on the list, especially those mid/forward types. I like it!

6 Likes

Then welcome to another year of not winning a final.

3 clubs fit the mould of picking up a Jacob Townsend type, Carlton, North and St Kilda.

That’s the level we are now at.

Want a couple of developing talls on the list. Not sure he fills a gap.

I think you need to be more outraged, that will fix things.

6 Likes

Or… They just want him for depth? Talk about jumping the gun.

We have a lot of spots to fill.

Also, we just picked up a developing tall.

I can’t be the only person who has legit never heard of this guy surely?

5 Likes

images

Looks arrogant. It’s a like for me.

1 Like

Not bad for a free pick up.

We need both forward half pressure and inside mid - 2 positions he plays

2 Likes

No neck tatts and a decent haircut, we’re good.

Immodium, basically.

Hopefully he gets suspended a couple of times hitting some ■■■■, fly the flag Jacob.

1 Like

Jesus Christ. and the hits keep coming

1 Like

elite skills > intensity both ways > attacking player.

I desperately want to rid our club of attacking players that lope along when they don’t have the ball.

If you have absolutely elite skills, then fine. But otherwise I want blokes that play hard and give it everything they’ve got. Win lose or draw I can get around that.

Hes a decent player. Could be a budget big-bodied mid which would make him very handy for us.

8 years on AFL lists for 48 games. Says a bit.

2 Likes