Jake Stringer Def. Gold Coast Suns - Match Review Thread

Fantastic win!!

Have so many things to highlight but for now, we have been able to ease McGrath back into the team.

13 or so disposals. And much better for the run.

8 Likes

The list is looking pretty healthy for Rnd 23

3 Likes

After QT is was one-way traffic. Parish brought his own footy, and his use was first rate. His confidence in his kicking has gone up. The centre square work was off the charts today. Draper is putting together a good run of form now that heā€™s got some matches under the belt. King wonā€™t need a shower because Lav completely rinsed him today. His ability to quite arrogantly hold his opponent at bat and take a mark is sheer beauty. Easy to laud the midfield and Stringer, who was excellent with 5 goals but Lav down back was enormous. Hind also outstanding, Guelfi also played a great role, heā€™s much better up forward IMO. Very solid and professional win.

6 Likes

Actually, based on % we deserve to be in the 8 more than GWS and about 3 other teams.

It may not play out that way . Whatever.

6 Likes

Anyone want to make up a checking pockets meme with Laverde for Ben King? Kept to 5 touches and scoreless

7 Likes

Well done Bombers.

Love games where I can breathe easy.

16 Likes

I fell asleep after the first qtr and hence missed most of the match but omg, what a great score. I canā€™t believe weā€™re in this position!

Go bombers!

2 Likes

Iā€™m fcking stoked with that. All week I was fearing an egg laid and that 1st quarter was tripe but next 3 were fcking fantastic.

Laverde blanketed muppet king
Draper great
Durham best game
Merrett, Parish, Hind great.
Stringer epic.

Fcking happy

Cutler has slotted into Francis spot down back reckon we persist with Francis fwd now

2 Likes

Can we sign Guelfi please?

8 Likes

Way too much birthday feasting !!!

4 Likes

Making it hard for dodo not to re-sign him reckon we will

1 Like

We backed up our brilliant win last week with a demolition against a bottom side thatā€™s what Iā€™m most impressed about

Bring on the pies

8 Likes

Not bad for a bloke that wasnā€™t good enough to play midfield last season.

30 Likes

We are playing finals get pumped :grin:

1 Like

How good was Merrettā€™s run down chase when the game was almost over. Poor Heppā€™s legs couldnā€™t go any faster and Zerrett zooms past to make an impact.
Hope they show that multiple times this week.

33 Likes

Iā€™ll dare to say it.

Smith may be finally starting to turn his form around.

Laverde as a defender is

14 Likes

Big time!

2 Likes

FC fan thinks they are better than us.

30 Likes

Delusional

3 Likes