Jake Stringer Def. Gold Coast Suns - Match Review Thread

Total crack talk

They still donā€™t get it

3 Likes

A deluded mind. Needs urgent psychotherapy.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, at 1/4 time Iā€™d written us off. We looked flat and in having to defend against the wind expected a 5 goal 1/2 deficit. I suppose 15 yrs of disappointment against expectations will do that.
I forgot that this team is different and really hasnā€™t turned its toes up in any games all year.

7 Likes

Apart from their individual efforts what stands out is that time and time again itā€™s either a Merrett to Parish or a Parish to Merrett pass. Those two are never that far apart and they know where the other is. Like to see a stat on how many times they pass it to each other.

20 Likes

I still think draper needs a run in the 2nds

1 Like

Why?

One thing I have noticed about Smith is that the players seem to love him. We might think heā€™s arrogant and undisciplined but heā€™s popular within the group.

5 Likes

Haha we were saying that the week he came back

1 Like

Best mates with Stringer

2 Likes

Props to the boys for winning and winning well.
Good stuff.

1 Like

Yes. They have become like Phil and Jim Krakouer!

1 Like

Congrats to our backline. Again.

8 Likes

Really liked some of the small things Francis did too. Little tap ons, short sharp centring passes. Keeps himself involved even if not getting big stats.

19 Likes

Richmond like

I remember a few weeks ago (canā€™t remember who we were playing)ā€¦. It was a critical point of the match.

The ball was at ground level at half forwardā€¦ā€¦ I was thinking ā€˜ā– ā– ā– ā–  itā€™, here is another coast to coast goal coming upā€™.

Then both Merrett and Parish arrived late at the contestā€¦ā€¦ won the ball, and we kicked a goal.

I realised we have 2 absolute gun midfielders.

8 Likes

Absolutely!

I want finals, and I want Sydney, not in Sydney because NSW is cooked, and I want a massive win.

9 Likes

FIXED

2 Likes

Best team effort.
Great to see the likes of Waterman, Guelfi, Durham, Perkins & Cutler have an impact.

6 Likes