Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Last year…and every other year.

If you look at what has been mooted for the Cats - the Stringer trade would allow them to play Taylor in defense full time, instead of plugging a hole up forward. That gives them Taylor and Henderson as their key defenders, Stringer and Hawkins as key forwards, and a midfield of Ablett, Selwood, Dangerfield.

Interesting alright.

We’d probably have to throw our 3rd round pick in there as well but more likely a straight swap for pick 11 is the outcome

Anyone else find that they are allowed to abuse the rule of trading future first rounders? I thought that the rule was no more than ontrading 2 years of first rounders was allowed.

1 Like

Thought that had been discussed before and that this rule doesn’t kick in until 2019 or some such thing?

1 Like

Yep. I highly recommend this informative post:

11 Likes

Maybe not, but it probably has a bit more of an aura to Mr. Stringer than druggy EFC bundled out by 1000 points by team that Geelong then pulverises in final. Again, just trying on a young players glasses, different optics etc. for what it’s worth Events appear to be tipping things our way. But Suns are talking Duncan or Nakia C and 300k for Ablett, neither of which they’ll want to give. I hope he sees the light, the light spongey floors

The AFL won’t let Gaz retire. Cats will give up pick 20000000000099999 for him and Gil will make sure the Suns are handsomely compensated. Here Tom have a extra $500k a year outside the salary cap, nudge, nudge, wink, wink

9 Likes

I’m thinking being close to his young family has more motivation than playing at Geelong.

I think we are as close to a premiership as Geelong.

That’s just me though.

1 Like

I totally agree, I like our list and our leadership a hell of a lot more than theirs. And I like that we haven’t bought it

4 Likes

SEN News breaker Sam McClure says Jake Stringer will reveal his club of choice this week, with Geelong and Essendon waiting for a decision from the Western Bulldogs forward and his management.

The Herald Sun reports Stringer has met with Essendon CEO Xavier Campbell, while The Age journalist revealed the Cats made a presentation to him last Monday during preliminary final week, with involvement from coach Chris Scott.

“He has met with two other Victorian clubs – Hawthorn and Richmond, but the race is down to two and it’s a 50/50 race,” McClure said on SEN Breakfast.

“There is no official offer on the table from Geelong or Essendon, but my understanding is by the end of this week, as the Grand Final ball is bounced on Saturday afternoon Jake Stringer will have nominated a club of choice, and it will either be Geelong or Essendon.

“I’m not sure it will be public knowledge but Jake Stringer will tell his management which club he wants to go to.”

Essendon has Pick 11 in the 2017 National Draft, however it would like to keep that selection. Geelong has pick 20, though the Bulldogs feel he is worth considerably more.

2 Likes

Sam “50/50” McClure, the leading news breaker for 50/50 speculation and guesswork.

28 Likes

Fairly significant departure from “he’ll pick Geelong on Friday” as that turnip suggested last week.

13 Likes

Amazing how they change their position and people keep listening to them. In the Christian world some people garnered some followers by claiming Sept 23rd was the end of the world. It came and went and nothing happened. So they said, no that was the start, now it’s the 24th. It came and went and…

So now they are saying Oct 15th. people keep following them.

So the same thing happens with these alleged footy journalists, but people keep listening to them.

It’s almost like religion. Keep telling a fairytale long enough and the gullible will fall for it.
What I do know for a fact is these journos scour social media daily looking for gossip. Plenty of them come in here regularly

8 Likes

Oct 15th Jake Stringer will emerge from a spherical space craft, eat the souls of the chosen and nominate Geelong. Has as much credence as Sam “Plz Punch My Face” McLure’s news breaking.

7 Likes

I find it interesting what’s being said. All grain of salt stuff.
They obviously get information from varying sources and in a need to be a ‘news breaker’, in an unaccountable click bait world, and go with whatever they can find.
It’s a little interesting he’s changed his view. I was listening and it sounded more like McClure was leaning to Essendon. He said every Vic club had inquired and it’s down to us.

Sorry, wasn’t really having a go at you.

I didn’t take it that you were.
Some people do seem to get frustrated when reporting journalists views - they just want facts!!
I’m happy to take it all in. It’s part of the pre-trade week roller coaster. I like roller coasters.

1 Like

Sorry, but that is just rubbish.

1 Like