Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Just ask Mitch Duncan

really hope we don’t get stringer. midfielders ffs

2 Likes

We very well could be hard to deal with. There must be some kind of reason for us never getting any deals done

Which ones?

1 Like

Just on stringer those lamenting that he is not a mid - the club’s firm belief is that he can spend some time through the middle and he will provide a point of difference given the size and shape of Merrett, McGrath and parish, as well as jobe’s retirement.

27 Likes

There was an article in the HUN in April with Stringer saying he wants to be a mid. So it’s not a new thing…

1 Like

In life I want to spend more time in the middle, but I keep finding myself on the pine or in the deepest pocket the coach can find. Just because he wants to be a mid doesn’t mean he’s within a thousand yards of it. What’s coming out of the kennel would seem to bear that out. But as I say, I’m eternally, foolishly hopeful. Wsphu

If we do get Stringer as much as I hope he can make it as a midfielder I think he probably wont and we will need to play him deeper to get the best out of him

So if we get him I think options are:

• green out for Jake
  • hooker down back for Jake
  • Fanta/Tippa off wing/half back
  • can’t see Stewart playing anywhere else but I guess could be straight swap (I like Stewart though so wouldn’t do this)

I tend to favour the third option as I am set on Hooker as a fwd

After thinking about this it really makes me want Rockliff and a lock down KPD and forget Stringer

1 Like

He will be at Essendon next year. I have a lot of conspiracy theories in my head as to why.

6 Likes

Exactly , what midfielders are still uncontracted or havr even remotely said they want to leave thwir current club.

We’ve already got parish, zerrett hepp Myers and Goddard pencilled in foe starting miss next season with zaka in there somewhere also.

Who’s this magical midfielder going to replace ?? Cos I can tell you now it ain’t gonna be Myers , Goddard hepp or zaka.

So name a single deal that fell through other than the Caddy one.

1 Like

Which we offered way overs!

2 Likes

Pick 11 for Stringer
Future first round + Francis for Parker + second rounder
Late Second rounder for Miles

Get it done Dodoro

1 Like

What utter tripe

Media says he wants geelong, so that’s fact is it?

Get a grip, until the words come out of stringers mouth I will maintain the faith.

Once again… Francis can’t be traded unless he agrees to be traded.

If you were a 19 year old kid, playing for the club your family loves and alongside your childhood idols. Would you agree to be traded?

Very very doubtful.

7 Likes

FFS where’s all this trade Francis rubbish coming from?
He’s a genuine unknown KP player who has has untapped potential in only his second season.

Stop this crap on Francis he isn’t going anywhere by his choice let alone the clubs

29 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! Imagine the meltdown on blitz in years to come if we did :astonished:

VFL success has been a long time coming!

2 Likes

So…Essendon’s plan for future success is wait for the other teams to come down to our level.

Habibi is that you?

2 Likes