Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

HS is reporting that richmond won’t trade one of their first rounders

No way Hawks could match us on an offer.

We have 4 second rounders and a first in 2018 to come up with a deal. I’m sure the dogs can find one they will begrudgingly accept.

Also the printers will be cuing up a nice ‘I won’t go back’ and hopefully ‘I want essendon’ piece for Saturday morning, drafted by Connors.

Brisbane also have an academy kid coming so their 18 will be able to be gained I expect.

Crows 16 also another that could be gained.

Dogs would be mad to take pick 18 over 2 picks in the 20s.

1 Like

Depends how they value the talent? Maybe it drops off at 20, maybe 11.

Dogs could on trade the 2 second rounders if they want.

Interesting - obviously everything in HS should be taken with a large grain of salt but interesting nonetheless. I assumed when Disco pulled the trigger on the Smith trade that it was because he had a clear path to getting back into the first round to satisfy the Dogs.

The ‘take two second rounders or leave it’ could be a dangerous path with the Dogs desperately trying to save face. Also, I am not sure the Smith trade would be perceived as such a win where the second rounders are not ultimately used to acquire Stringer. Second rounders might not be worth much in a shallow draft.

Is Jake now out of the country on holidays?

Will make it hard to reach agreement with him to go anywhere other than the clubs he has toured.

1 Like

This is gonna drag out till next Thursday and it’s gonna be brutal

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Essendon told Richmond to knock back the offer which invariably puts pressure on WB again.

4 Likes

That would be amazing if that was the case!

Bulldogs being played!

1 Like

Even IF Stringer doesn’t go through, turning pick 11 into Smith, Saad and a 2nd rounder is sensational business.

If Stringer does go through, pick 11 and a second rounder for all 3 is equally good business.

16 Likes

Depending on possible Gibbs trade, Carlton could also be an option. Downgrade a 1st to our two 2nds, they pass one to Gws for Kennedy.

Lots to play out and options to explore.

Personally, I’d happily look at using 2018 1st as PART of it. Just to get it done and position ourselves in the 2nd round of a stronger draft. He’ll be worth it. Then leaves us s 2nd round for this year as well.

If I was FCFC, as disgusting as it as to actually put myself in their shoes, I would 100% trade Gibbs for a first round pick, like Adelaide’s pick 10 as he is not going to be a part of their next premiership tilt.

1 Like

Terrible for us, and every other club for that matter if Carlton can offload Gibbs for anything.

1 Like

I am going to really, really enjoy all the head explosions in here if Geelong get Stringer instead of us.

(I don’t think they will though)

1 Like

I’m involed in contract negotiation in the corporate world. I only use legal resources when I absolutely need them to negotiate a particular legal issue. They generally have a win/lose style of negotiating. If its not a legal issue, I keep them well away as they prolong getting a reasonable outcome.

2 Likes

Too much good vibes and news in this thread has made me nearly run out of likes!

This has been an amazing 24 hours.

2 Likes

I think we keep our 2018 1St no matter what.

4 Likes

I believe the Dogs are not looking after their contracted players welfare. They have treated Stringer very poorly.

Their failure to accept reasonable offers is pretty poor. They face being offererd lesser deals now, due to their unreasonableness.

The idea Stringer will just go back to the Dogs and things will be back to normal is deluded.

AFL will step in here, for sure.

He will be “mediated” to his club of choice, and Mr Gordon will be told to thank the AFL for their input.

This is how it works. We should know.

8 Likes

I think most would agree with you.

Just my opinion that we could use it, get all three Best-22 players before the weekend, have a presence in both 2nd rounds and then see what happens next week .