Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Francis value for trade is not beneficial to EFC with any trade.

He is a talent, needs to switch on beast mode over this preseason and want to really give everything to an AFL career

3 Likes

Essendon should try for Libba and Stringer together if Kelly is out. Those two would be a huge boost. 1st and 2nd round pick would do it too. Maybe even less.

2 Likes

I get the Libba appeal, but way too many red flags. Don’t think he’s committed to his footy.
No thanks.

5 Likes

throw in dalhaus too.

hey woosh you know that west coast drug culture and scandal thats a huge black asterisk on your career.

yeah we’re gonna trade in 2-3 party boiz

14 Likes

Good theory to trade all three in. Not like they’re bad influences on each other or anything. I mean, we could use all our currency to get them in and then let them reach the heights of present mediocrity that has caused them to be talked about as tradable.

Stringer has had the more solid VFL form

Luke Beveridge and Western Bulldogs went from handball club to party club, writes Jon Ralph . . JON RALPH, Herald Sun September 12, 2017 7:44pm

LUKE Beveridge seems cut from the same cloth as the AFL’s longest serving coach Mick Malthouse.

A father figure, a confidante and a master motivator who didn’t seem overly fussed if his players burnt the candle at both ends.

If his players wanted a cheeky beer or an odd blowout after a victory, it didn’t matter as long as they went to war for him on a weekly basis.

One of the many take-outs from the Western Bulldogs’ premiership hangover is that an isolated group of his players took that rope and ran with it.

The last time there was this much chatter about the Dogs, the fallout was dramatic.

They sacked their coach, lost their Brownlow Medallist, traded their captain and saw their CEO depart just months later.

Now the club which won a premiership off the back of those dramatic decisions has again become the subject of an off-season whispering campaign.

They might ship their best forward, there are rumours about administrative changes, the list manager is unsigned, the fan base is unsettled.

The team that started the Handball Club seems more intent on being the Party Club.

The club’s recent history shows events are never as bad as they seem, that one poor season can be the launching pad for success.

But only if those issues are identified and immediately rectified instead of swept under the carpet.

Luke Beveridge’s decision to trade Jake Stringer is the warning shot across the bows of his entire list.

Beveridge’s issues run far deeper than Stringer when it comes to on-field issues.

A simple snapshot: the Dogs were 15th for points for, 18th for goals per inside 50, 18th for kicking efficiency, 18th for centre clearance ranking and 17th for hit-outs to advantage.

Simple question — who kicks all of the Dogs’ goals if Stringer leaves?

The Dogs want a pick for Stringer instead of players, with Essendon and Geelong strong early suitors and St Kilda, Collingwood and North Melbourne interested.

But as flighty and inconsistent and infuriating as Stringer is, he is a goalkicker.

Despite being dropped last year, despite a knee and two hamstring issues this year, he has 122 goals from 2015-2017.

In that time Marcus Bontempelli has 63 goals, Liam Picken 54, Jack Redpath 54, Luke Dahlhaus 39 and Tom Boyd 36.

Tory Dickson kicked 101, but at 30 and with just 11 of those goals coming this season, it’s hard to think he picks up the slack.

So Bevo needs to weed out the ratbags, find a better ruck set-up, weigh a trade for Stringer, fix his midfield, find more goalkickers.

A single entry on his resume — 2016 premiership coach — will have him shouted free beer in pubs west of North Melbourne for all his days.

But a long-lasting legacy comes from his capacity to drag this club back up the ladder again.

What an inane piece of writing.

25 Likes

Think the horse has bolted on trying to send a message about partying to much. Maybe the club should have done that when libba was wandering around coked off his head, instead of now.

Now it just seems kinda petty. you have an off/bad season so you pot shot all the guys you let run a muck when they were winning.

Typical malthouse coaching technique. He really doesn’t get enough of the blame for the wc and collingwood party and illicit drug cultures.

4 Likes

Things can change rapidly but fingers crossed.
The Kelly decision is the key decision, North and Carlton have a ton of cap room and if they can’t land Kelly they will start throwing ridiculous amounts at other players like Stringer. As much as we are infront at the moment a large offer would definitely turn his head

3 Likes

My understanding is Libba and Dalhaus are staying.

1 Like

So I’m guessing when he plays, Stringer gets the best defender on him?

Meaning if you put him alongside Daniher, he’d most likely have the luxury of having a 2nd defender on him?

Perfect opportunity for him to shine. And if he shines too much, I guess maybe Daniher ends up with the 2nd defender on him?

If we get Stringer, would Hooker then move to the backline? Having Hurley and Hooker combine again is pretty attractive too.

2 Likes

Add to that every possible cent & trade value we can muster should be focused on getting Kelly for ourselves first & foremost. Stringer, as talented as he is, as good as he could be, is still the consolation prize this trade period. Kelly is the player we need more. I want Stringer, don’t get me wrong, you can’t ignore an opportunity to get top end talent when it presents itself, I just want Kelly more & while I have almost zero faith we will get either, if I’m gunna daydream, its for a 22 year old mid, who can midfield a lot.

1 Like

Stringer plays High forward and running through the midfield for me.
Hooker stays forward

14 Likes

The Western Bulldogs party too much.

But they can’t trade Stringer because they need him to kick goals.

Also the Bulldogs need more midfielders and a ruckman.

Luke Beveridge could be an all time great if he can rebuild the Bulldogs.

The End.

That is what the genius’ at the Herald Sun put behind a paywall. I’d expect a 10 year old to be able to structure a piece of writing better than that.

6 Likes

Geez, these two are just desperate to be part of any trade aren’t they. I don’t think I’ve heard a player speculated about without one or both of these two mentioned.

You have got to dream bigger darling, get both.

Any idea the sort of contract we are offering Stringer?

Governance.

Sorry, not at this stage