Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

In - Saad Smith STRINGERRR
Out - Yearly Essington

4 Likes

Can only end one way now. String will be a don in 2 days.

I can’t figure out if I’m stressed out of my mind because my work/life balance if rooted, or because the Stringer deal isn’t done yet.

18 Likes

Worked all day with phone purposely put away only to find no Stringer. I think Dodo has played it perfectly and if we don’t get Stringer then so be it. I still would hate to see Stringer go to Geelong or Hawthorn last minute and succeed. *saying that I would never wish any player to be unsuccessful. In Dodo we trust!!!

Waiting for “Adrian Dodoro and Jason McCartney have arrived at AFL House” on TR haha

2 Likes

I think the copy editor is drunk.

Jake Stringer move to Essendon hanging on a thread

Michael Gleeson and Peter Ryan

Jake Stringer is edging closer to landing at the Bombers with the Western Bulldogs working feverishly on a complicated three-party draft pick exchange.

West Coast’s desire for more early selections in this year’s national draft created the opportunity for the Bulldogs to convert Essendon’s two second-round draft picks for Stringer into a pick inside the first round.

The Bulldogs appear to have come to terms with the fact that Essendon’s pick 25 and 30 are the best they can hope to receive from the Bombers for Stringer and are negotiating a complex pick swap with the Eagles.

Under the deal, the Bulldogs would give the Eagles pick 9, 25 and 30 in exchange for West Coast’s pick 13 and a swap of future draft picks.

Meanwhile, the immediate future of several contracted players will hang on discussions planned for Wednesday, with the Brisbane Lions set to resume talks with Adelaide in an attempt to convince the Crows to trade Charlie Cameron.

If the Crows decide to retain Cameron, who has a year remaining on his contract, they face the risk of losing him for little return at the end of next season.

Fremantle are understood to have not moved on their request for pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Weller is contracted for next year but has asked to be traded back to the Gold Coast, where he was living when he was drafted.

The Dockers, meanwhile, are seeking to trade in contracted Giants defender Nathan Wilson and uncontracted Suns forward Brandon Matera.

The Dockers want to keep those deals separate to the Weller request and possible trade, with discussions on Wilson focusing on Greater Western Sydney receiving a future second-round pick for the running defender.

GWS dismissed St Kilda’s approach to trade for contracted defender Adam Tomlinson for a future second-round draft pick and a third-round pick this year.

The Giants have said from the start of the trade period that Tomlinson was contracted and off limits to trade.

Carlton met the Giants on Tuesday to discuss Matthew Kennedy’s possible trade to the Blues.

The Blues originally offered pick 40 but the Giants are holding firm on their request for a second-round pick and remain hopeful of receiving that for Kennedy, who was a first-round pick in 2015.

After putting himself on the market, Brisbane Lions tall Josh Schache is preparing to resume his career in Queensland after no serious suitor emerged on Tuesday.

With less than two days remaining in this trade period, time is running out for a Victorian club to make a play for the 19-year-old, who has played 27 games in two seasons with the Lions.

Fremantle’s Harley Balic will be traded to Melbourne on Wednesday morning, with pick 66 likely to change hands for the Docker, who was pick 38 in the 2015 AFL draft.

West Coast acquired Port Adelaide midfielder Brandon Ah-Chee and a future fourth-round pick in exchange for a future third-round selection.

If the Dogs do that i would applauded them

1 Like

something not quite right with that deal! That said, the Doggies haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory, so maybe they are that dumb. Good idea to pay 2 x 2nd rounders for the privilege of downgrading your first pick by 4.

1 Like

He kicked 42 goals last year, missed games and had not the greatest year.
42 goals in one year would have won our goal kicking for the last 5 years bar this year.
Upside is massive

1 Like

Surely their pick 9 isn’t involved?

1 Like

I really hope Jake isn’t relying on this thread for updates in the US

1 Like

It all depends on the nature of the exchange of 2018 picks. If they get a 2018 first rounder for their 2018 second rounder, then it would make sense.

That title is misleading

How can they say Jake Stringers move to Essendon hanging on a thread when the first sentence says that he’s edging closer to land at the Bombers

7 Likes

Its actually hanging by strands in a thread. Which as we know is pretty damn strong.

31 Likes

The details of that seem pretty critical to that deal making any sense at all for the dogs.

meh their loss as long as it gets Stringer.

1 Like

In 2008 there were 6 trades in total

Obviously West Coast have moved a little too from what was being talked about today. The rumoured deal today was the two second rounders for pick 13 and a player they want off their books. I doubt anyone would want that player, WOB would go fkg crackers if he lobbed at Tullamarine.

1 Like

What does this mean?!?!

PM me the player?!

masten innit

5 Likes