Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

I really hope we don’t ■■■■ this up either. I really hope we don’t spew up our first pick in a shallow draft for a talented but equally flakey and questionable young bloke who won’t actually serve our most immediate need. That being a big inside contested midfielder.

A “Make me a Bomber” headline would be stiffy inducing

Have it from a good source that he is messed up. Dont go near this one jackets

lol

He obviously has issues, thats why they have had a fall out and he is looking for a trade.

The question is does WOOSHA, DODORO and the coaches believe we can help him get it all togther again?

I am usually very conservative on these issues, however we need to start to take a few calculated risks with trading.

BRING HIM IN.

1 Like

You don’t need to be Nostradamus to see the kid’s got some issues. Huge red flags on him.
And for the very same reasons that Freo gave up peanuts for Harley Bennell, we shouldn’t for a second consider giving up Pick 11 in a straight swap for Stringer. It’s madness.

7 Likes

Think Freo have up pick 16 which was their first round pick

Bennell and Pick 22 for 16 and 35. So they effectively got Bennell for shifting back 6 spots in the draft…

6 Likes

There has been whispers about our interest in Lever. Xavier on the radio said we need a tall back. If that gun mid isn’t out there how about trying something like this

Some say Francis is homesick some say he’s here to stay. Not sure what to believe, but if he is

Pick 11, 28 and Francis - Lever and 18 - they win the flag

18 for Stringer - which sound about right

I’m reluctant to say much on Lever but I work with someone whose nephew is Lever and I’ve been told that we’re very much in the hunt to get him. However, he genuinely does not know where he wants to go but we have been talking to him and his management for pretty much the whole season.

20 Likes

And his family.

3 Likes

So there you are. The issue with Stringer is mainly drug related, at least a guy on SEN who says he knows and was wondering which reporter had the balls to call Stringer out

1 Like

We’d be into anyone of genuine quality, I’d imagine.

Lever will attract some very big offers, and the trade price will be high too.

lol, wait, SEN actually put that to air!? Goodness gracious.

2 Likes

What if GC want to bank a second rounder for next year

11 and next years second for 19, 24 and either this or next years third.

pick 19 trumps Geelongs pick 20 for Stringer we keep picks 24 and 29. GC still have 3 picks in the top 25 for this year and upgrade their high second rounder for a mid first whilst giving themselves an additional second rounder for next year.

If you go by the AFL points system, our pick 11 and 28 is a combines 1996 points. Adelaide’s (worst case scenario for us) pick 18 is worth 985. a shortfall of 1011 points which equates to a pick 17.

So In this scenario Lever is worth a pick 17.

Then on top we’re chucking in Francis, a former pick 6 (1751 points)…

Add those points and Lever is suddenly worth a heathy pick 2!

Is it me, but does it seem a lot of people on this forum are happy to trade a former pick 6 for less than 24 months ago for nothing?

They were dancing around it and nobody wanted to say but then the caller mentioned the Bombers and their recent issues. The caller was not shut down and the conversation went for a couple of minutes

I was listening to that. He was pretty passionate.

If he’s recently single and gone off the rails a bit we can probably work with that.
If he’s gone down the Ben Cousins route then no thanks.

They were clearly caught off guard. The bloke obviously didn’t tell the producers he was going to say it and there was much squirming on seats when he went with it.

Actually the guy said the producer told him not to say