Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

signed an extension this year

Yeah nah. Had a bit to do with Pete as a junior. He was a Collingwood supporter and his Dad has nothing to do with Essendon.

1 Like

Michael Voss?

2 Likes

Someone’s got their Wrights wrong.

19 Likes

Yep, … one or the others shitt won’t fly.

Yep sure did. Sorry my mate who told I thought told me last year when we were into him. Just asked me wtf I was talking about

1 Like

Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight, Fight!!!

Never let facts get in the way if a good story
Blitz 101

1 Like

A young great white was washed up on the beach up this way because of the the gale forces winds rough ocean. Could be the one that got away was taken out into the water and let go.

Sounds fishy to me. Too much speculation.

Donkong why honeydic4en us?

OMEN TIME. MINUS ONE R.

“KIA STINGER ARRIVES IN 2017
Kia Stinger Logo
The new Kia Stinger took the world by storm at the Detroit Motor Show and Kia Australia is proud to announce its arrival in the third quarter of 2017. To stay in touch and be the first to reserve your test drive, click on the link and add your details or speak to your nearest KIA dealer about an advanced order placement.”

#MOMENTUM

8 Likes

I know for a fact you’re both wrong

Massively overrated.

Tell that to Jimmy Hoffa.

3 Likes

Can Geelong get Gary Ablett and Jake Stringer? Don’t write it off, says Adam Cooney

AS Patrick Dangerfield kicked his fourth goal in the first half last Friday night, parked in the goalsquare almost single-handedly ending Sydney’s season, the question was being asked in the commentary boxes at the MCG and in football lovers’ lounge rooms around Australia: ‘Are we witnessing the return of the traditional full-forward?’

The Cats, who are usually a high handball side, looked to control the ball by foot against the Swans.

They hit the lead-up option through the middle of the ground, or on the logos up on the wing, then when they got the ball forward of centre were happy to kick long and direct to Dangerfield deep and one-on-one.

In finals footy the pressure increases on the home-and-away season, so for the Cats to know their bailout kick long was to arguably the best one-on-one player in the comp gave them a huge amount of confidence and belief to get it in there. They fed off Dangerfield’s early dominance and put Sydney to the sword.

In my opinion, Dangerfield should start in the goalsquare again tonight.

Most likely, youngster Jake Kelly will get first crack at him and I would back in Selwood x2, Sam Menegola and Mitch Duncan to win the ball at stoppages, kick long and strong early to the Danger match-up and try and silence the Adelaide crowd, putting the Crows on the defensive early.

If they can use the ball as they did last week they are a huge chance to beat a slightly undermanned Adelaide team missing rebounding defender and designated kicker Brodie Smith and their X-factor key forward Mitch McGovern.

So does this mean Dangerfield will become a full-time full-forward following the example of the great Gary Ablett Sr? Not quite.

Danger’s No.1 strength is still in the midfield which is why you can’t play him permanently forward next year and beyond.

Enter Ablett (Jr) and Stringer.

It’s looking more likely than not that Gary will end up back at the Cattery and with manager Liam Pickering predicting another 3-4 years of good footy from Ablett, it gives the Cats the luxury of playing either he or Dangerfield permanently deep forward, swapping in the midfield.

That sounds dangerous enough, then you can throw into the mix Jake Stringer who is also on Geelong’s radar and available after his ugly breakup with the Western Bulldogs.

Like most of the footy world, I was shocked when Stringer was put up for trade and especially the coach doing it three weeks before the trade period stats, which diminishes his trade value now everyone knows the Dogs are desperate to offload him.

He certainly has his challenges to get his life and professionalism right but he’s still young.

In a couple of years when he’s matured and settled, he has the potential to be one of the best players in the game and really come back and haunt the Dogs.

Stringer, Ablett and Dangerfield are all capable of kicking 40-plus goals and having a huge impact in bursts through the midfield.

“But surely the Cats can’t get both players?”

That’s a question others and even myself are asking.

Don’t write it off. Possible train trade scenarios for Ablett could include sending Steven Motlop and Darcy Lang to Gold Coast with a portion of Ablett’s salary paid by the Suns and Gazza plays 2018 on a significantly reduced salary.

Stringer could find himself playing in the blue hoops next year if the Cats are willing to give up a player like Rhys Stanley (which would fill the Dogs’ need for a mobile ruck/forward) and a second-round draft pick.

Although it seems a bit far-fetched, don’t forget that two years ago Geelong landed Dangerfield, Lachie Henderson and Zac Smith in one trade period.

If the stars align and Dangerfield, Ablett and Stringer line up in the same team in 2018. A) The stay-at-home full-forward is back (albeit less traditionally as all three big guns would rotate through there throughout the game); and B) the Cats would undoubtably be contenders again in 2018.

And ©: Stephen Wells and his team cement themselves as recruiting geniuses!

(no link posted as subscriber only piece)

If that’s the case i know why.

We made our pitch and left at that hoping he picks us while Geelong on the other hand would keep working on it.

I KNOW FOR A FACT

2 Likes

Thanks @miss_ellie

Cooney has well and truly entered the realm of crappy speculative journalism as well unfortunately.

A nothing article but it gets the man paid.

Shame we couldn’t get some “real” insight.

lol@Motlop to Gold Coast.
Not that it couldn’t happen - but what would happen (or not happen)