Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Reckon Jake will be enjoying Cats performance tonight?

i dont think it will have much weight on his decision

This has that horrible feeling of trade week deja vu.

In the space of 24 hours Damo “the best in the business” Barrett has gone from Stringers definite preference is the Cats to “my belief is that if the Cats are not his first choice they are definitely in the top 2”
LOL

29 Likes

Watch it somehow happen and geelog will be praised for getting deals done. While w’ll offer zerret, McGrath and pick 11 and be criticised for being too hard to deal with.

6 Likes

Dogs would be well down the list now I would have though?

You means Cats, right?

Yeah typo

1 Like

New article on Herald Sun saying he’s confident of getting to Geelong despite their inferior picks.

JAKE Stringer has ruled out making up with the Western Bulldogs and is confident he can get to Geelong despite its lack of early draft picks.

Stringer remains baffled by the Dogs’ decision to move him on and will eventually state a single club to which he wants to be traded.

Senior Bulldogs, including retiring captain Bob Murphy and Dale Morris, have this week stated they believe the relationship can be patched up.

ADAM COONEY: STRINGER, GAZ TO CATS? NEVER SAY NEVER

TIGER TURNAROUND: HOW DIMMA CHANGED HIS WAYS

But Stringer has quickly moved on mentally and will under no circumstances attempt to make up with the club and return there next season.

It has been made clear there is no way back for either party, with Stringer quickly turning his focus to slotting into another club with premiership hopes.

Geelong’s first pick is No.20, significantly inferior to Essendon’s pick 11, which could make a trade harder to arrange should he choose the Cats.

Stringer has spoken to Essendon and will soon discuss his future with Geelong, which is at the front of the queue to acquire him.

But his management is confident Geelong would be able to secure a deal that will satisfy the Dogs despite their lesser starting point.

Connors loves using the media to drive up prices, he certainly isn’t dropping the Cats as the leader because that’s where stinger wants to go. guarentee it’s to fish other clubs value.

8 Likes

You just need to look at the Gaff situation last year.
We had people Who had connections at the club, very confident Gaff will be a Bomber. In the end, it was communicated to the club that he was leaning towards coming to Essendon if we increase his salary offer.

It was all bullsh*t. We were just used to get a better deal at West Coast.

2 Likes

This stuff in the paper has all been said before. It’s just headline grabbing. Nothing new there.

So everything in the media is just headline grabbing bullshit that we should ignore?
And his preference is actually us, the entire media have it wrong?
Excellent.

2 Likes

No, just the stuff in the media has an agenda attached and thus suspect as to its truth.

4 Likes

Has spoken to us, but not Geelong as yet. All the rest is ■■■■ and wind.

Pretty sure he sat down with Geelong earlier this week

What would be the media’s agenda attaching Stringer to the Cats?

Thats how I read it in the article but it could be taken a couple of different ways.

Trying to pump his contract price up. The player manager only has to bait the journo’s into writing a article scewed to cause the biggest stir. Cats don’t have a pick until 20. So it may cause other clubs with lower picks to become interested. Its all cat and mouse stuff. Until he actually nominates a club we wont know. its the managers job to get as much $$$ as he can. More money for himself, and his client. Conners is one of the better ones at doing this. He is very cunning.

1 Like

Does it really drive the price up?

I’d think (HOPE!) Jackets doesn’t just read the Herald Sun to get an update on what players are thinking of doing.

1 Like