James Aish

Apparently the hold up is that BL don’t want more draft points this year but instead next year, but Collingwood can’t give 2nd rounder next year because they already traded 1st rounder.

What about if we offered to help:
4 way trade:
Collingwood In Aish, Out 26+28
Lions: In 25+ EFC 2016 2nd Round, Out: Aish
EFC In 10 Out: 25 + 2016 2nd Rounder + 57
GWS: In 26+ 28+57, Out 10

Collingwood get Aish for 2 2nd Rounders which they think is fair - Win
Brisbane get a 2nd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year which they want - Win
GWS ends up with 195 more points (max allowable) for academy selections - Win
EFC ends up with #10 for 2 2nd rounders and spare 4th round pick - Win

So we would go into the draft with: #4, #5, #10 and #24 as our live selections.

I would be pretty happy with that.

Apparently the hold up is that BL don't want more draft points this year but instead next year, but Collingwood can't give 2nd rounder next year because they already traded 1st rounder.

4 way trade:

Brisbane get a 2nd rounder this year and 2nd rounder next year which they want - Win

You sir are a genius

Apparently the hold up is that BL don't want more draft points this year but instead next year, but Collingwood can't give 2nd rounder next year because they already traded 1st rounder.

4 way trade:

Don’t like the idea of loading up too much in 1 particular draft.

If we’re going to do anything else I reckon we should try to strengthen our position in next years draft.

Having said that, I’ve got no idea how we’d do that now.

4 way trade:

Tweet that to the relevant people

Only problem is next year’s draft is supposedly stronger and the pundits are already saying this year’s 10 might not be any better than 25. I’m also hoping we can use 57 on Coghlan.
Reckon I’d sit on what we’ve got but it’s Dodo’s call.

4 way trade:

Don’t like the idea of loading up too much in 1 particular draft.

If we’re going to do anything else I reckon we should try to strengthen our position in next years draft.

Having said that, I’ve got no idea how we’d do that now.

What is great about our future 2nd round pick is that it is more valuable now than it will be next year. Right now the Lions would be thinking that we suck… so that 2nd round pick is worth, say, 21 next year. We all KNOW that we are going to win the premiership next year… so that is really going to be pick #36 which is not that valuable.

I understand what you are saying about loading up on a draft, but in this case we aren’t selling the farm… and there is also the benefit of bringing in a ‘draft class’ of same age/talent that will grow together in both social and football sense.

If we do want a 2nd rounder next year… we can always trade for it… usually very easy to upgrade a 3rd rounder with a player to 2nd round.

Apparently C’Wood are allowed to ontrade the Freeman St Kilda pick, so using that instead of #26.
But we can still help:

Collingwood In Aish , Out 2016 St Kilda 2nd Rounder + 28
Lions: In 2016 St Kilda 2nd Rounder + EFC 2016 2nd Round, Out: Aish
GWS: In 25+ 28+57, Out 10

Still think it works in our favour.

4 way trade:

bandits. us. make out like.

Trade away 3 picks to move up 14 spots?
And then… 2 PSD picks or DFAs or use pick 90?

Nopity nope nope.

ok ive changed my mind all of a sudden.
pooch. screwed. we will have.

Trade away 3 picks to move up 14 spots? And then... 2 PSD picks or DFAs or use pick 90?

Nopity nope nope.

Sorry, not understanding what you mean. We won’t need to use Pick 57 or Pick 90 but Pick 90 has no point value. We still get our PSD picks… they are not affected… nor is our ability to pick up DFA’s… so not sure…

Forget the other stuff, we would be trading Pick 25 this year and 2nd round pick next year for #10. It is a good deal for us. It may mean we can pick up a guy like Ah Chee or Curnow…

Really the trade works if you back us in to improve next year. If we finish 6th… it would mean we have traded #25 and #30 for #10… which is a steal.

Nah. If you really insist on getting involved, Maybe trade our 2016 2nd round for pies 26 and 28. Then look at packaging two of 24,25,26,28 for an upgrade pick. Or just own this 2nd round.

Nah. If you really insist on getting involved, Maybe trade our 2016 2nd round for pies 26 and 28. Then look at packaging two of 24,25,26,28 for an upgrade pick. Or just own this 2nd round.
Why would Pies give us 26+28 for one second round pick.. that makes no sense.

It would mean they are essentially paying 3 second rounders for Aish… which is way too heavy.

I think some people may be confusing by future pick trading.

Think of it as these trades, and then ask yourself if the teams would do each step (Assume that EFC finishes 8th and we end up with Pick 27 in next years draft)
Step One:
EFC trades 2016 2nd round pick (say #28) to Collingwood for #28 = Equal swap for both clubs. Pies win if we slide. EFC wins if we rise higher.

Collingwood then ‘on-trades’ our 2nd round pick + the 2nd round pick they got for Freeman to the Lions for Aish. Both clubs have indicated they are happy in principal with this value, just need the picks. So Aish trade done.

Essendon then trades our NEWLY acquired #28 (from Collingwood) + Pick #25 + Pick #57 (which we are NOT using) to GWS in exchange for their Pick 10.

Personally if you have a chance to turn #25 and #28 into Pick 10… you do it. If you nail that pick, you should win big time. The best part is that if we finish higher than 8th next year then we will have traded say #31 + #25 for #10.

Won’t happen but these are the kinds of deals that Academy picks and future draft picks will bring up. Our club needs to be ready (just like Melbourne was today) to jump all over it.

Trust me… if we could get in on this deal… we come out miles in front.

Agree. don’t like the idea of trading out future picks. fraught with danger imo.

I wouldn't be playing around with our 2016 picks too much. Not with Jaegar at stake.

I’d prefer we trade 24 and 25 for Tomlinson and 10.

If that was remotely possible I’d hope Dodoro would be running to the phone so fast his chest hair caught fire.

I wouldn't be playing around with our 2016 picks too much. Not with Jaegar at stake.

Whilst I have no opinion on Aish and no knowledge on Jaeger, I would hope we aren’t prepping too much and putting all of our eggs in one basket and neglecting the thought of future trades unless we have him 80%+ sold on us already which (and I have no idea) I would suspect we haven’t.

Do you really think we are a chance at Tomlinson? That would be AWESOME (I really rate him) … and yes… far better than what I was suggesting.

If that was remotely possible I’d hope Dodoro would be running to the phone so fast his chest hair caught fire.

He already burnt it off knocking back flaming zambuccas as part of the Carlisle deal celebration!

Agree. don't like the idea of trading out future picks. fraught with danger imo.

How so? Some teams will do very well out of it and then everyone will try to copy.

Depends on whether you think you are going up or down and whether the opposition thinks you are going up or down.

That is where I see our future picks are more valuable because the market place (opposition clubs) believe we are on the way down, so they would view our future picks as ‘higher value’, when in reality if the Saga clears as expected and we get back to our 2013/14 form… we could rise back up the ladder and win big.

Risk/reward but really comes down to whether the club believes we are on the way up or down.

Do you really think we are a chance at Tomlinson? That would be AWESOME (I really rate him) … and yes… far better than what I was suggesting.

I think we’ve definitely asked the question. But I also think the SOS factor is too strong and he will probably end up at the Blues.

Clearly it’s a factor, but the idea of moving to a club because you like the list manager is baffling.