James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Great to hear Steph is enjoying playing VFLW!

5 Likes

monetising already, before you’ve found out if people will listen to it or not?

bold strategy.

1 Like

Just read it is now the highest subscribed to sport podcast in Aus in just one day!

6 Likes

where do you read something like that?

Took about half way through episode 1 to realise they weren’t talking about/to jon ralph

1 Like

yeah who is Ralphy?

I’d love to find out what Crawf, Lyon and these sorts of guys think what happened in 2012.

Twitter.

Just finished 1st episode- really enjoyed it
Does make me sad/angry though reflecting on the last few years, James really does love footy.

3 Likes

I think Ralph Horowitz.

4 Likes

The James breaking Rioli’s collarbone at training is a twist in his last junior year I was not aware of.

Wow

1 Like

He’s not a bad bloke, in RL.

1 Like

“Racetrack Ralphie”

Subscription options up on the site to support the podcast.

I have a big drive next week, I’m gonna save these first eps and binge them, let Hird guide me down the highway.

3 Likes

I’m about to fly back from Cairns, have them downloaded and ready to relieve the boredom.

1 Like

Greg Hunt, Minister for Health, tweeting about Hird’s courageous and important interview on his stint in the psych unit.
Perhaps he could ask Hird to brief him on the role of ASADA and the AFL, media collusion and the bullying that went on

27 Likes

That’s a bit…weird.

Great listen.

The amount of great podcast is reducing the need to listen to the dribble that is SEN.

2 Likes

You get the sense this is hugely cathartic for James and in some ways a way to get his point of view of the whole saga across.

The fact he can keep his cool and even have a laugh about several of the situations he was put in to be simply incredible. He is just so stoic.

I would be angry as ■■■■.

3 Likes

Podcasts are competing with the MSM and can run with issues that the MSM won’t. They can also cover more issues in depth.
BTW, if Greg Hunt is serious about the mental health of Hird and a few others, he could always sound out Danny Corcoran, who lives and works in his electorate. Chris Pollard could also background him.

7 Likes