James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Just saw on Ten news. Hird was taken to hospital last night with major health concerns. No other info available.

1 Like

Rushed to Cabrini hospital …they have a major cardiac ward there ??

:’( Doesn’t sound good.

they have pretty much everything there. wait for real info.

From the Herald Sun

JAMES Hird has been taken to hospital after suffering a major health scare.

The Herald Sun understands Hird was treated at Cabrini Hospital after an arriving in an ambulance.

Hird’s condition is unknown, but it is believed he left the Malvern hospital earlier today and is still receiving care elsewhere.

Cabrini Health has refused to confirm whether the controversial former Essendon coach was treated due to patient confidentiality.

“We are unable to provide information on any individual patient. The safety, wellbeing and privacy of all our patients is of utmost importance at Cabrini,” hospital spokeswoman Christine Elmer said.

Club darling Hird played 253 games for Essendon between 1992 and 2007, sharing the 1996 Brownlow Medal with Michael Voss and winning two premierships 1993 and 2000, when he was captain.

James Hird following his resignation as head coach of the Essendon. Picture: Getty
He was selected in the All-Australian team five times and won the Bombers’ best and fairest award on five occasions. He also captained the club from 1998 to 2005 before retiring at the end of 2007.

After working in the media and on his growing business interests, Hird was named coach of Essendon at the end of the 2010 season, but the infamous 2012 supplements program implemented on his watch would devastate his career and his beloved club.

He served a 12-month ban from the game, charged by the AFL in 2013 with prejudicing the game for his role in the program.

During his enforced exile from coaching in 2014 he travelled to France and attended an exclusive business school near Paris.

Oh no.

Apparently has left Melbourne hospital? And been taken elsewhere? This according to fox sports news.

Edit. Sorry a bit late.

Tweet from this guy

Daniel Shandler ‏@dshandler1
My understanding James Hird checked himself into Cabrini hospital amid worrying self inflicted health concerns.

Best wishes to the great man.

Tweet from this guy

My understanding James Hird checked himself into Cabrini hospital amid worrying self inflicted health concerns.

Self inflicted…? :frowning:

This makes me so sad. All the best legend.

Tweet from this guy

I have heard similar.

Tweet from this guy

I have heard similar.

As have I unfortunately, hope it is just rumours

Looks like that tweet has been deleted.

All the best, Hirdy. Hope you are back to good health soon.

Keep the fecal matter that is Twitter posts on Twitter.

Tweet from this guy

Sounds like BS.

…and who the fark is Daniel Shandler anyway? No idea why people take any notice of twitter randoms.

Tweet from this guy

That tweet just makes no sense.

Click bait galore.

Get well soon, Hirdy!

From the Herald Sun

JAMES Hird has been taken to hospital after suffering a major health scare.

The Herald Sun understands Hird was treated at Cabrini Hospital after an arriving in an ambulance.

Hird’s condition is unknown, but it is believed he left the Malvern hospital earlier today and is still receiving care elsewhere.

Cabrini Health has refused to confirm whether the controversial former Essendon coach was treated due to patient confidentiality.

“We are unable to provide information on any individual patient. The safety, wellbeing and privacy of all our patients is of utmost importance at Cabrini,” hospital spokeswoman Christine Elmer said.

Club darling Hird played 253 games for Essendon between 1992 and 2007, sharing the 1996 Brownlow Medal with Michael Voss and winning two premierships 1993 and 2000, when he was captain.

James Hird following his resignation as head coach of the Essendon. Picture: Getty
He was selected in the All-Australian team five times and won the Bombers’ best and fairest award on five occasions. He also captained the club from 1998 to 2005 before retiring at the end of 2007.

After working in the media and on his growing business interests, Hird was named coach of Essendon at the end of the 2010 season, but the infamous 2012 supplements program implemented on his watch would devastate his career and his beloved club.

He served a 12-month ban from the game, charged by the AFL in 2013 with prejudicing the game for his role in the program.

During his enforced exile from coaching in 2014 he travelled to France and attended an exclusive business school near Paris.

Good to know that there are still some who understand and RESPECT the need for privacy.

Get well soon James

7 News are saying suspected drug od