James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Hirdy’s Heroes

I’m a Dons fan and I like a punt.

6 Likes

… Followed swiftly by realising Essendon were also prepared to get involved with Matthew Knights.

1 Like

That dented my confidence no doubt.

In many ways, Knighta was to coaching what Orange was to telecommunications.

1 Like

Clearly evidenced by Knighta’s inefficient use of telecommunications.

8 Likes

After an Essendon match I often need Yakult.

3 Likes

Perfect timing with the paid advertisement right below the post.

13 Likes

Apparently Buckley is “addressing” Hird to Pies rumours. So says the HS. I can’t access it.

BUCKLEY ADDRESSES HIRD TO PIES RUMOURS

COLLINGWOOD coach Nathan Buckley has shut down speculation the Magpies are circling James Hird for a position on the coaching panel.

The Magpies this week parted ways with assistant coach Scott Burns, who will join Alastair Clarkson at Hawthorn, Anthony Rocca and fitness guru Bill Davoren.

Rocca has been offered a part-time role with the club next season.

While careful not to rule anyone out, Buckley said the exiled Essendon coach had not be spoken to.

“No, James is not someone that we have spoken to,” Buckley told SEN Breakfast.

"We’ll talk to anyone that we thought would help the club.

"I’m not going to shut out any possibility.

“When it comes to coaching appointments Walshy and I would be on top of that.”

2 Likes

One of the most disappointing things to come out of the while Saga was my now begrudging respect for Nathan Buckley. Life was so much less complicated when I knew who my enemies were.

25 Likes

I like Buckley, seems to be an honest guy, and kicks the media in the nuts when they deserve it.

36 Likes

Wasn’t Bucks the one willing to associate himself with Jim at a coaches’ dinner? Seems to carry himself really well, eg with Malthouse, Lamumba, constant coaching speculation. Like a Brownlow winning Don Quixote. The way Eddie stands by him during his club’s continuing onfield decline is great for opposition supporters too. I think David Williamson is a Swans man now, but I reckon the Club II could be in the wings.

3 Likes

Buckley the player - ■■■■■■■ despised the mother.

Buckley the coach - person of extreme integrity despite being constantly surrounded by Muppets.

Have a lot of respect for this guy.

12 Likes

Nathan Buckley the player: Sir Pea-heart the Packskirter.

2 Likes

C’mon… Can’t be serious. I hated him but he was one hell of a footballer. And beat crazy vossy hands down in a GF which in my book is massive.

7 Likes

Exactly! Bucks is a Norm Smith Medalist.

In a losing Grand Final.

1 Like

Not only can I be serious, but I am.

Pea hearted packskirter. Soft outside receive, run five metres, kick ball to sky. Rinse, repeat, smell your own farts.

The most overrated player of the modern era.

Buckley is a class act.

6 Likes