James Hird — January 2017 onwards

:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Help me Jobe-Wan your my only hope.

7 Likes

How ace was that.

Hirdy and his boy having a relaxing time in Lorne buying some eats at Louttit Bay Bakery. Ha! Almost embarrassed myself by saying something, but sensibly refrained.

4 Likes

Should this thread be renamed the ‘Stalking Hirdy’ thread?

5 Likes

Showered last night at 5:43pm before watching “Stranger Things” on netflix. Ate a whole block of that chocolate stuff and went to bed at 9:51pm. Slept very well only getting up once during the night to urinate at 3:18am. Was back up at 6am for a run.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing :wink:

1 Like

Have heard the term man love so many times don’t really know what it means but after watching that i think I’ve just experienced it.
The stain that was the Saga and the toxic buffoonery of Gilligan and his band of merry farkwits at the AFL will never be erased from within me.

Those F#####G C###TS at the AFL almost destroyed a mans life. After watching that piece it reinforces to me that I will never forget nor forgive the Media, SWSNBN, the AFL and the game itself for what they have done to James and his family.

For any true EFC supporter to watch that and not be moved is impossible. Only a Premiership with James presenting the cup will help heal the pain but ithe wound will never be healed.

Fark the AFL
Fark SWSNBM
Fark Gilligan the AFL and that fat C###t Demetriou
Fark Carlton

20 Likes

Here’s a pleasant way to spend a Holiday hour. Enjoy.

3 Likes

I’ve been lucky enough to hear the great man speak on multiple occasions whether it be a season launch, Crichton Medal and even that hologram. And every single time I’ve come away inspired and moved. He has an amazing way with words. I actually said to him after one season launch when he gave a great speech something like: “no wonder the players are so inspired” to which he modestly said “they inspire themselves.” To me he epitomises what it means to be passionate and a lifer for this footy club. Makes you ready to run through a brick wall for him.

9 Likes

I’ve still got that on VHS I’m fairly sure!

I believe he has a lot to offer in a role at the club.

That’s only if he wants too.

I have got it on DVD, came in a double pack with a sheeds DVD years ago

With Steph lining up for the AFLW Bombers team, he’ll be around more often I’m certain.
Slowly does it.

3 Likes

Exactly. He is still such a young man and a lot has happened in a relatively short time. My sense is the James Hird-Essendon story has plenty of chapters to come. Steph trialing with the Womans VFL is awesome and I also would not rule out T and W Hird going down an Aussie Rules path yet…

3 Likes

He speaks good for an engineer.

4 Likes

I thought he was an architect.

1 Like

He did the Engineering/Commerce double degree at RMIT… at normal speed, while premiershipping and Brownlowing.

If I’d got one point less on my VCE I’d have probably done the same course at the same time (it was my second nomination).

The then-new Australian boomerang champion did the same course at the same time: if I’d met him and started throwing in comps 7 years earlier, it might not have taken me till 2016 to win the damn thing too!

9 Likes

So DJR you’re saying that you were too smart to study with Hirdy? We love you but…

3 Likes

I don’t know whether he CHOSE to slum it at RMIT, rather than being forced to.

Let’s just leave it as I was disappointed with my score.