James Hird — January 2017 onwards

The ■■■■■ that hounded him need to pay

Yup, so I’m pretty much going to beat Barrett and Caroline to death.

I am also gravely sad too-

Absolutely gutted that lies of some people have come to this-

There is still pressure/heart ache for all the 34 + one- never forget them.

Manufactured lies have a capacity to make a lot of trouble.

It would take a herculean effort to emerge unscathed from the sort of character assassination and public bullying this man has undergone.

The saddest thing is that he has a wife and kids. I hope for their sake, more than anyone else’s, that he is ok.

I feel sorry for Jame’s mum and dad too…they must be in a world of hurt atm.

Get well James !

If the HIrds want to, they should go OS and start again.

The crap will be never over for them here.

I have never been ashamed to be from Australia, but we don’t believe in human rights for all Australians. There has been referendums to enshrine human rights federally, but the Howard Libs were the last ones to torpedo it happening.

People get rich by manipulating public opinion and getting government favours and our media is incapable of challenging it effectively, whereas they are happy to perpetuate it.

Really hope that after this he moves OS and starts a new life with his family. Clearly the a-holes responsible won’t be happy until he is 6 foot under.

Just so happens I was watching Shawshank Redemption tonight… I always fixate on the line “every man has his breaking point” at the moment that it always comes up. Sometimes James Hird is the first person that comes to mind, for real.

I hope he is being looked after very well… I also hold out the delusion that one day the football press will get hit by a karma bus the size of a meteor. This only amplifies that feeling five fold.

It would take a herculean effort to emerge unscathed from the sort of character assassination and public bullying this man has undergone.

The saddest thing is that he has a wife and kids. I hope for their sake, more than anyone else’s, that he is ok.

What gets me is that this has all come about through him trying to do the right thing and stand up for the players and himself no doubt and not yield to the pressures and let justice be served the way it should - properly and fairly (not by media or public pressure).

If he had have been gutless and resigned/stepped down after the first inkling of pressure like he was told - and like almost everyone else would - he would have been totally fine. Would have copped 1/10th the reputation damage. Would have been more at peace with himself and although I know FA about it his home life would undoubtedly be under virtually 0 stress.

Instead he stood by his principles, did the right thing and look where it got him.

It’s just fkn sad.

Sadly it’s true, there are ****holes who simply will keep going until he is actually gone

The cause of his hospitalisation is yet to be formally confirmed but has been reported as of a “serious and disturbing” nature.

Hird’s wife Tania declined to make any comment outside the couple’s home on Thursday.’

No time wasted in going to camp out on the front lawn again. >:)

“Let’s not speculate”

“Oh wait, let’s speculate. ASADA yadda yadda, Vlad is the devil, etc”

Time to grow up blitz.

Well, at least Channel 9 have had the common decency to simply call it a health scare without speculating further or pretending they have more information than they actually do.

■■■■■■ hell why does Hird have to do this attention seeking rubbish, ffs it’s not all about him

"Let's not speculate"

“Oh wait, let’s speculate. ASADA yadda yadda, Vlad is the devil, etc”

Time to grow up blitz.

Excuse my childishness as I havent grown up yet…but time to f*** off Lamaros

There is nothing wrong with what people have written in this thread.

Get off your high horse

The media gets its man. Those bottom feeding heartless immoral pieces of ■■■■.

Bloke goes to hospital and these media scum think it appropriate to go and camp out in the front of the family’s house for comment.

Humanity is going to ■■■■.

His poor kids…

I genuinely feel ill.