James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Well Evans is pretty tight with Eddie…

https://www.evansandpartners.com.au/our-company/our-people/advisory-board

Literally do not care one once.

If it makes him happy and makes AFL type coin then I am all for it.

would be happy for him to go to another club. it will get some more normalcy back into his life. he clearly loves the game and doesent want to give it away. i just want him to be happy

3 Likes

Happy for the man if it happens.

Sorry for us. I maintain the guy has all the skills required to be an exceptional modern era coach.

I wonder who the coach of the EFC AFLW team might end up being.

4 Likes

The man has a right to pursue work, and more importantly he has a right to want to recover his name. If being an assistant at another club helps with that then I’m all for it…not that my opinion counts for anything at all.

Unfortunately he’ll never be able to coach at Essendon again. Its not just the afl and afl world that would make it unbearable, but there are efc supporters who wouldn’t stand for it either. Yes that is true and there’s no point pretending it isn’t.

2 Likes

Hirdy owes this club nothing.

Whatever he wants to do where ever that is, I wish him luck. Keep your distance Hirdy, there are still too many snakes at the EFC.

7 Likes

id puke if hird ended up anywhere but essendon. seriously, i know he owes the club nothing and the club farked him over royally, but ■■■■ me thatd just be one of the most horrific things to see, hird in another clubs colours. sickening.

2 Likes

If he goes to Collingwood then I hope he gets answer from Eddie about who Sarah was

8 Likes

Would be a good move if he ever has ambitions to coach again.
Helps rebuild his brand. might even be involved with some media.

Apparently Hun journos put this story direct to Hirdy last night and he said he has never had any contact with Collingwood about it.

4 Likes

…his manager on the other hand

No I don’t think so. It wasn’t one of those non-denial denials.

Also, would he even have a manager? Doubt it.

you think that hair looks after itself?!

12 Likes

The Pois are looking at hiring Simon Letherlan as their CEO, they hate a head line.

1 Like

A few things about all this.

1. l don’t believe he is going to the Pies.
  2. Good luck to Jimmy if he wants to get back into the AFL in any capacity.
  3. He owes EFC nothing, they still owe him plenty.
  4. Anyone but Pies, Blooos or Dawks, please.

I agree. I want him to have every opportunity and do anything he wants but it would suck to see him anywhere else, especially the 3 you mentioned.

1 Like

Lethlean
Head
Lines
Pies

All fits together, some how…

If the AFL had the balls and the common sense, they’d offer him the Gold Coast job.

1 Like

Dat hair/Gold Coast. Dream combo.

1 Like

THE GOLDEN BOYZ