James Hird — January 2017 onwards

Evans chose the AFL over Essendon. That’s a discrace when he was Essendon chairman. Evens should never be welcomed back to Essendon.

19 Likes

So many Rsoles on fire… so little p!ss

1 Like

He only just joined that list?

I ■■■■■■ love that there is nothing they can do about Hirdy with this podcast. And the more they go after him the bigger his audience will get and the more his voice will matter.

This podcast is awesome for Hirdy and will end up being bigger in viewer/listener than any other football media in the country.

27 Likes

Mate, I only have so much ■■■■ to go round! Besides, SWMNBN gave me a urinary tract infection.

1 Like

It ain’t true but:

1 Like

Isn’t it already the biggest?

James Hird is the only one who knows whether he felt supported by David Evans or not.
James Brayshaw has never been on my list of authoritative voices to listen to.
I see no need to add him to that list anytime soon.
He’s like an empty tin can that makes a lot of noise when you rattle it.
Hirdy’s growing band of listeners must have him rattled.

11 Likes

Dunno, is there any way to tell the download numbers?

I think iTunes does a list of top podcasts listened to in Aust.

I think if he keeps doing what he is, I think he will beat the Foxtel and 7 viewership for shows like 360, on the coach and talking footy.

Dunno how credible this site is, but I guess it shows a lot of people don’t subscribe but pop in and out (first few episodes and post-Thompson episode are at or near #1 for Australia).

http://www.itunescharts.net/aus/artists/podcast/crawf-hirdy-we-talk-football/podcasts/crawf-hirdy-we-talk-football/

1 Like

http://www.itunescharts.net/aus/charts/podcasts/2018/05/11
This chart was done on 11-12 May… Crawf & Hirdy at #75 which is fantastic as it is a list of all podcast listened to in Aust.

The ACCC digital platforms inquiry - which extends to podcasts- could do well to look at those podcasts as an information source which are independent of MSM and organisations such as AFL for income.
Horowitz is independent of MSM and AFL for his revenue, as is Hird, Crawford only part reliant ( and podcasts give him the opportunity to present himself as other than a buffoon).
On the other hand, Evans has all his media and AFL mates to present his case, but won’t speak for himself. Under those circumstances, who would you believe?

6 Likes

Didn’t they say on a recent episode that they were #4 and then said the top three podcasts and jokingly how they could grab those audiences?

1 Like

They have been as high as #1… I think it depends on what day the chart is done.
They are possibly #4 of Australian made podcasts. The chart shows a list of all podcasts listened to in Aust - which is a great result. In the list above I think that only one other footy centric podcast is above them (Sam Mike and Thommo).

1 Like

According to Grant Thomas, he lost his SEN contract for refusing to bow to SEN orders to toe the AFL line.
And the MSM is out to get the ABC and SBS digital platforms for unfair competition - because they get government money. The $30m Government handout to Fox is of course different, as are the licensing discounts for reducing gambling ads in sports broadcasts.

7 Likes

Same ■■■■ different year… This is the argument that has completely decimated ABC-TV. It was the begining of the end of truely ‘independent’ reporting when private production co’s won the support of govt for their self interested campaign against ABC inhouse productions.

1 Like

So Hirdy rang Dildoro and asked why Ronke isn’t playing for EFC and he was told it’s because of his kicking. Fark me it must be bad because…

3 Likes

When does that start. ■■■■■■ joke how much you have to put up with.

2 Likes