James Hird — January 2017 onwards

/sarcastica font

1 Like

Get Wylie in as a mediator!

1 Like

Sends a message to the judge in the JT case that Fitzpatrick’s comments to Corcoran about Hird never working in AFL again was not official AFL policy.

3 Likes

Gil ■■■■■■■■ himself basically.

Too much noise and Gil will be trying to remind Hird not to push it if he wants to be continued to be welcomed back.

2 Likes

I don’t understand anything anymore…

1 Like

So Hird was meeting with Gil in his role as a pseudo consultant or something?

“Guys, we’ve got to get this deal with the AFL over the line. Who can we send to persuade Gillon McLachlan of our view? We need someone with a proven good relationship with him who we know can get him to change his existing view.”

“I know - why don’t we send James Hird?”

Sounds totally legit to me

16 Likes

Exactly. Why on earth would James be the one chosen to try to woo Gil. There’s more to it.

2 Likes

A Tinder date gone wrong?

12 Likes

And nothing to do with Gil, who supported him then and always will. Fitzpatrick and Demetriou were making the bullets, Gil blackmailed to fire them, under pain of not getting the CEO job.

1 Like

Discussing who will be mark Thompsons actor in his banged up abroad episode

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if we never found out what happened in May ‘18.
But something did.

2 Likes

Any way we can get James drunk on his podcast and just goad him into unloading on everyone?

Nah, he’s got way too much dignity for that… but it would sure be fun.

Yes. He still plays a large part in the business he owns.

"Keep your friends close…but keep your enemies closer"

2 Likes

Jimmy never was very good on his left…

1 Like

better than some

3 Likes

Joe Rogan style. :wink:

Have no doubt it’s to do with his podcast.

Having a guy like Hird with no control from the AFL who can do and say what he likes is very damaging. Considering Hird was an inner sanctum person on the gravy train before the saga. He knows all the dodgy stuff they do to.

I would suggest some pleading and some threats to keep his trap in check was a big topic of conversation.

3 Likes

Probably demanding that Gil lift the media ban on him as the podcast outrates all the pap the AFL is delivering to the public under Hutchinson’s pathetic sycophantic media deal.

We can only hope Jimmy was being the courteous guy he is and meeting with the flog to give him advance notice that he was about to go down.

4 Likes