James Hird — January 2017 onwards

I guarantee you some in the community believe Hird has an AFL ban official or unofficial - And I’ll add some media types forgot that Hird returned to coaching in 2015.

1 Like

I could see Buckley being one of the few with the stones to chase him.

7 Likes

Yep can see that too.

Bucks was the only coach who really supported Hird during the saga when every other coach didn’t want a bar of him.

3 Likes

He was the first one I thought of too. Eddie came out in support of James yesterday too.

2 Likes

I can’t see Hird ever wanting to to be senior coach again, why would he want to ‘invite’ the media spotlight again?

I reckon he would make an excellent development coach or even a football GM. But even then I can’t see the media not hounding him and dredging up the past ad nauseum.

1 Like

Must drive the nuffies mad with all these football players and identities backing up James.

Has Robbo had his say yet?

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if Clarko takes Hirdy on as an assistant. Possibly (excluding the little ■■■ wipe Mitchell), the Hawks could potentially do a Roos / Goodwin style handover scenario? Probably, not the Hawks style, but, wouldn’t surprise me. Clarko wasn’t all that supportive of Hirdy during the saga either. But, after the saga, Clarko put a few good words in for Hird and is also on pretty good terms with Sheeds too. It would absolutely ■■■■ me off no end if Hirdy ended up at the Haws, Collingwood or Carlton. But, it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up as coach of one of these teams. I would be disappointed if he took the Saints or North jobs though, as I don’t like his chances of success at these clubs.

I actually think he lives and breathes football. He also likes to be the best at whatever he does so i can definitely see him wanting to eventually be a senior coach. I’m not sure Tania and the kids are quite so keen though.

Might of have been Tim or Sheeds but one of them said he has unfinished business and is a person who doesn’t like to lose twice if he gets another go.

Even if he wanted to be SC again, and his family was supportive, he would need to spend a few years as an assistant first. Richmond and Collingwood are the only two clubs I can see giving him an opportunity.

1 Like

Yep. Sadly I think he will be at Collingwood in a minor role - at least initially.

Imagine and Hird and Buckley together in the coaches box? both were competitive animals in their careers.

Brendan McCartney, the then Bulldogs coach, was the other who attended the meeting organised by the coaches association. The other 15 pri_cks were “too busy”

3 Likes

Ah fk it!

Bring him back for the handover from woosh.

Who cares what everyone else thinks.

7 Likes

True.

If there is to be a hand over from Woosh i see Rutten as the one to take over.

2 Likes

Also McKenna

1 Like

The media are a pack of incompetent clowns who’s ramblings have far more influence than they deserve. But I certainly wouldn’t change my preferred future career path based on what lies they might try to peddle. I don’t think Hirdy would either.

Richardson reported illegal trading offers of our players during the Saga; the AFL and St Kilda response was to abuse him for notifying them of a breach of the rules.

1 Like

Agree. I really respect the views of others here who know way more than me about the club, Hird and the AFL. The majority are probably right. But nothing would surprise me, especially with some more water under the bridge. If family is his current focus, great, but his kids won’t be kids forever.

1 Like

Wanting redemption can be a powerful motivator.

I just want Hirdy happy and enjoying life however he sees fit.

What I cannot stand is the media personalities who stuck the knives in during the saga now coming out in support of him.

12 Likes