James Hird - survivor

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
She did however say that she would like to see them win the premiership as it would be a good news story and she likes good news stories.

LOL, that’s probably the biggest lie even she has ever told - and she’s told a few.

Not necessarily a lie though.
She loves good news stories because she can tear them down and put an extremely negative spin on it. I’m sure if such an event occurred, she’d open up the article with all the ASADA rubbish and chronologically list everything that has occurred for the last two years, add a note about the players ‘getting away with it’ then end it with a line stating ‘how times have changed’, then end the article without even mentioning the Grand Final.

She wasn’t saying she liked news stories about good things, she was saying she liked stories that make news good. Stories of bad things can make news good. So long as people watch read or click news is good for the producers.
You won’t believe those drug cheats have won the grand final. The perpetrators of this debacle including Hird need to resign.
That’s good news to her.

Get with the times. It goes "This team cheated on drugs then made it into the grand final. You won’t believe what happened next"
Or “The most hilarious thing you’ll ever see”
Click now.

Quoted Post

Garry called her out big time tonight and at a later stage during the show she made an attempted rip snorter when the others had been singing Phil Walsh's praises by saying something along the lines of "is he also a genius, Garry?".

Garry said something along the lines of: “You have an agenda against James Hird don’t you Caro? You cannot stand anything positive being said about him can you?” (that is paraphrasing so isn’t quite word for word but is what he said more or less).

She replied with: “I thought I was making a rather funny joke.” To which Garry said: “I don’t see anybody laughing Caro?”

They are really starting to gang up on her it seems, wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t stay much longer.

Good to see her being called out finally at least and being made to look like the fool she really is.

@The_Red_Sash captured Garry calling her out quite well.

The Red Sash @The_Red_Sash · Apr 13
Garry to Caro -
“Your hatred & disdain for James Hird is showing out in your sarcasm”
@FootyClassified
19 retweets 52 favorites
Reply Retweet19 Favorited52
More

Garry Lyon to Caro “You can’t handle praise for James Hird” @FootyClassified
15 retweets 41 favorites
Reply Retweet15 Favorited41
More

Caro you hung your dirty laundry out tonight on @FootyClassified pure hate & sarcasm for Hird & his demise. You will never ever win.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
She did however say that she would like to see them win the premiership as it would be a good news story and she likes good news stories.

LOL, that’s probably the biggest lie even she has ever told - and she’s told a few.

She loves good news stories because she can tear them down and put an extremely negative spin on it. I’m sure if such an event occurred, she’d open up the article with all the ASADA rubbish and chronologically list everything that has occurred for the last two years, add a note about the players ‘getting away with it’ then end it with a line stating ‘how times have changed’, then end the article without even mentioning the Grand Final.

She wasn’t saying she liked news stories about good things, she was saying she liked stories that make news good. Stories of bad things can make news good. So long as people watch read or click news is good for the producers.
You won’t believe those drug cheats have won the grand final. The perpetrators of this debacle including Hird need to resign.
That’s good news to her.

Get with the times. It goes “This team cheated on drugs then made it into the grand final. You won’t believe what happened next”

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

“You won’t believe those drug cheats have won the grand final. The perpetrators of this debacle including Hird need to resign.”
That’s good news to her.

With the improvement in our goal kicking I don’t care what Lloydy does on tv

Lloydy is just careful not to lose his cool on TV.

Lloydy sat there smirking at her incredulously as Garry ripped her for her intense hatred for Hird. She never denied it either, just weaseled about in the usual Vicky Pollard fashion.

Quoted Post

Interesting interpretation of loving 'good news'... ;)

Quoted Post

Oh yeah the man is a genius!!! - Gary Lyon on FC. Of cause the mole has to play Devils advocate and point out its only round 2. Gary set her straight as to how he managed to keep the team together ( reverse exodus) and has them playing for him after the last 2 years. She had nothing and was shot down I thought. Had to bite her tounge but didn't admit she may have been wrong. She did however say that she would like to see them win the premiership as it would be a good news story and she likes good news stories. Lloydy did chip in but he seems scared of her. Good work Gary.

Will be interesting to watch media change the tune and Hird go from being a villain amateur coach to the best coach going round in the space of a season when the mighty bombers make the top four easily.

Let’s clarify, she like good ‘news stories’, not ‘good news’ stories.

I think she’s now realised bashing Hird doesn’t have the same effect as it used to. Everyone’s now jumping on the ‘Hird’s awesome’ bandwagon and she’s picked up which way the wind is blowing.

And the story will only get better because he will win us a premiership.

Hird still coaching us. There’s a good news story.

She loves a story (narrative). Whether it’s true or not is an entirely different question.

Much as I am not a Barrett fan, the comments made by him, Dunstall and Brainless? have some weight. Our toeam was largely uncompetitive on Saturday.

Three more weeks of that will see many people on Blitz baying for blood.

The whole country and Essendon made note we were uncompetitive on Saturday. Wasn’t ground breaking news:)
It was however the first time our effort was lacking.

Exactly right CJ. This is the first time this year that we have been uncompetitive. Against Freo it was simply a case of not being good enough but you couldn’t fault effort through most of the year. We have one really bad game which we should of been leading at qtr time if we kicked straight and everyone is baying for blood.

What people ought to be noticing is, with all that is going on, going on and on with us, its ■■■■■■ incredible we are NOT bottom four. So we are better than most think, put that in your hooker and smoke it.
Much as I am not a Barrett fan, the comments made by him, Dunstall and Brainless? have some weight. Our team was largely uncompetitive on Saturday.

Three more weeks of that will see many people on Blitz baying for blood.

So what will the AFL do, charge us under 1.6, playing lousy footy and bringing the game into disrepute?

Chill out folks and wait for Chips book. Get ready for the media’s onslaught protecting their beloved credit card.

Much better thread to discuss the great man

One thing is for sure, I don't think Hirdy sees himself as a "career coach", in terms of doing it for over a decade. I reckon he thought this may be a 5-6 year thing, take this list and see if we can win a flag. It's pretty obvious now that we probably need to get worse to get better. Looking at our draw we are staring at a 7-9 win season if this "form" (or lack thereof) continues, which will see a bottom 6 finish. The WADA/CAS appeal verdict will determine a lot. If it comes out in our favour, maybe, just maybe, we have a clear run at it in 2016, probably with a softer draw, but I dare say a rebuild is in order. Does Hird have the energy and desire to see that transition through for the next 4-5 years? Is he the right man for the task? It wouldn't surprise me if he resigned at the end of 2016, not sacked, but just decided that it hasn't worked and leave the rebuild to someone else. It would be sad, but the writing is on the wall IMO...
Hang on, he's given up his multi-million dollar, cushy, low pressure Gemba job to coach Essendon. Copped seven kinds of ■■■■ for 3 years, including sitting out a year doing basically nothing, so he could resume coaching Essendon. And you reckon he's not in it for the long term?

Talk me through why you’re sure about that?

Don't tempt fate. 

It was April 2013 that Vlad said he might consider standing down.........

It was April 2013 that he was asked to stand down.........

Don't ruin the fun

coverdestiny.jpg