Jarrad McVeigh

I knew recruiting Mark McVeigh would pay off for us one day. Suck it AFL, we’re getting us a big fish. Destination club!

6 Likes

Dodoro loves playing the long game.

2 Likes

I have no problem with him coming in as an assistant coach. But as a player?!?!

It makes no sense at all. If we were really close to a flag i wouldnt have a problem with it. He just isnt the right fit for us where we are at right now.

Very good player, but not what we need.

This thing along with the whole soloman thing doesnt fill me with a lot of confidence in the decision makers at the club.

1 Like

@IceTemple

I liked this and thought yeah, not a bad concept.

Then this thought it is as equally correct.

I thought this McVeigh thing was just a Ricky Mott sequel stitch up. Yikes.

2 Likes

If McVeigh doesn’t suit Sydney who are contending for a premiership then surely he doesn’t fit a team like us who are middle of the road ranked.

1 Like

Far out.

As much as I admire the ol boy, this has Church of Latter Day Sheddy written all over it. That period when he became obsessed with his coaching statistics, he would announce with his magical 2005 era spin, whilst wearing a wig, black and red face paint, that he holds the record as the only AFL coach to have coached both McVeigh’s.

2 Likes

It’s a great idea because McVeigh can bring some knowledge of how to play a hard defensive style of game… YAYYYY!!!

It’s a poor idea because we could just recruit McVeigh as an assistant coach and get the same benefits… BOOO!!!

It’s a great idea because McVeigh can bring a cool head in pressured situations and assist the players to coach themselves from onfield which suits Worsfolds gameplan… YAYYY!!!

It’s a poor idea because McVeigh will take a spot in the senior side that could be used by a younger player to gain experience… BOOOO!!!

It’s a great idea because McVeigh is likely to be injured for 60% of the season, so the young player can gain experience anyway… YAYYY!!!

4 Likes

Who has shown enough to be ready to fill in Kelly’s shoes next year?

I don’t know, I haven’t watched enough VFL games. Based on the glimpses I had of Redman, I don’t think he’s cut for it. Morgan? Maybe not ready? Who else?

That’s why I think it’d be a good idea to have McVeigh for just one year, and have him become our assistant coach in 2019. Also McGrath is probably going to play midfield next year, which makes it even more sense to get him.

2 Likes

Redman is playing the most similar role with Kelly. Ridley probably could to.

Its replacing Bags which is the bigger headache. We don’t really have anyone lock down at all at VFL level, unless McNiece can do that (and I’ve hardly seen him this year).

I am a big fan of this. 10 years ago

10 Likes

McPhees Dad told me we are looking at getting Mal Michael back in too

2 Likes

Is there anything connecting him to Essendon beyond our general worry?

We are bringing Mark back

No thanks.

I’ve heard Matty Lloyd say on TV that we are looking at him.

I imagine that Mark Mcveigh is the messenger.

No way. Why would we sign up for a year of hammies and calf injuries. We’ve got a bunch of oldies and Green to fill that void.

He was in Swans best on the w/end, … and everyone has lauded Kelly for his work and experience in the back line for the past 2 years.

Given we lose a couple of older wiser guys this year (at least 2), and both players with final’s experience … and we have Justin Crowe & spongy floors, …I think he’d be invaluable when it come’s to making a serious final’s run as we likely will next year.

Just as Kelly will be this year. If we win the first one, (or more)… you could almost put your house on him being a large part of the reason we do.

4 Likes

@Aceman and @fogdog have both separately posted that we are interested in him (prior to that article). I think @Aceman mentioned it very early in the year?

1 Like