Jarrad McVeigh

Will also be helpful for him injury wise to not have to travel so often as he would at Swans presently.

Somebody at work was nominated for the Essington-Lewis award in project management.

Seems appropriate.

1 Like

If it was the same person that authored that wankword filled tome of a Mission statement thingo you posted recently, . then yes, … absolutely.

Different ■■■■■■■■. We’re not short on them.

1 Like

This.

Players have to play together not only to learn to execute the gameplan, but simply to mesh with each other. Bringing a guy in for one year is pointless and the “experience” reasoning is unimpressive. If the current players in line for that position can’t step up you will quickly learn which areas need to be targeted in the next trade and draft periods.

1 Like

Reality is we should have coughed up more $$ for Hibbo and we wouldn’t be having this dilemma.

2 Likes

I don’t know if dollars was the real issue with Pig, . but yeah, he’d be the answer.

Absurd

HE’S GOING TO BE THIRTY-FARKING-THREE YEARS OLD!!!

Just say NO.

Jesus only got started at 33.

McVeigh has a beard.

Hmmm

2 Likes

I understand why we’d look at him.
I’m partial to the idea.

I just don’t buy into the argument of, ‘it’s takes away opportunities from kids’. If these kids are any good they’ll be in the side. Regardless.

4 Likes

Kelly: I will play on if you want me too
EFC: You should be a coach, retire and be a coach
Kelly: Ok, sounds like a good idea
EFC hey would you be Interesred in playing a year and then coaching
McVeigh: Sure!

2 Likes

Fair enough, I assumed he’d had enough. Both would be great around the club, incredibly smart, amazingly consistent football players

Was Kelly asked to retire or did he do it off his own bat?
I was always under the impression a 1 deal was there if he wanted it

Did we not learn anything from last year? Just play the kids, throw them into the deep end.

They might just surprise you!

And lose 19 of 22 games. Just kidding. But they did.

2 Likes

Wait, you have Bird going around again on but contracted Leuenberger getting booted?

I reckon if they are looking at McVeigh; then Bags must be finished. We are very light on for small defenders. I think they’ll need to find a mature state leaguer regardless of whether they pick McVeigh or not. Kelly gone, Bags possibly too, MGrath to the midfield, that leaves, um… Redman?

Or perhaps I just missed one?

2 Likes

Perhaps. I don’t know, I thought you might. Keeping Bird seems unlikely to me, so I figured maybe there was also a conversation I missed about Leuenberger leaving.