Jobe getting the Banned back together

Question - if Jobe were to decide not to return to the EFC and not play AFL again, could he decide to keep his Brownlow Medal regardless of what the outcome of appeal is and no matter what the AFL may want him to do???
I've said it before, but he just throws it into the Ohio River before coming home.
Headlines: Pears chooses MFB over footy after claims loss of passion from saga

Headline in rival paper… “Exodus - Two more departures from troubled football club”

Sub headline - 2017 mfd calendar hits sales record.

The medal itself is probably irrelevant. If he's stripped from the records, then he's no longer the brownlow medalist. Just a bloke with a medal.

If he loses it he should hang on to it. Probably be worth a fortune in about 20 years.

Headline in rival paper… “Exodus - Two more departures from troubled football club”

Pears Cooked… Fire Extinguished

The medal itself is probably irrelevant. If he's stripped from the records, then he's no longer the brownlow medalist. Just a bloke with a medal.

If he loses it he should hang on to it. Probably be worth a fortune in about 20 years.

Yes it would probably make the now-non Brownlow a collectable.
edit: Redundant comment. Late to the party. Missed the boat. A chance to feel superior lost. Feeling glum. Need a donut.

You just described my life…

Pears confirmed as not coming back, having been accepted into the MFB officially. Good luck Tayte and go well.

Show us ya hose.

Anyone got any good news rumours about Jobe?

Heard some not very good news rumours and I need to wash it out of my head. From someone who I don’t believe is actually in the know first hand but has access to those in the know. 70-30 not coming back.

Anyone got any good news rumours about Jobe?

Heard some not very good news rumours and I need to wash it out of my head. From someone who I don’t believe is actually in the know first hand but has access to those in the know. 70-30 not coming back.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least and I know nothing. But the industry has treated him appallingly. The AFL has never stood up for him. They have never stood up for any of our players but to leave their competition best and fairest swinging in the breeze as they did was dreadful.

I’d like to see Jobe back for a farewell season. It’d suck a lot for him to go out in such a low.

As for the others, and aside from Hurls or Stants, not sure I’m all that concerned. This season has shown we can more than cover the likes of HibbArd and Tayte, and with the way some of the boys have been going this season, I’m not sure all of the returning players would be best 22. We have some exciting depth, that much is true…

Agree with Scorpio 100%

He’s probably loving the anonymity in NY. Probably helping decide that he doesn’t want to be back in the spotlight because the media will be on his case for sure next year and don’t forget he has to put up with the brownlow bullshit

I know Jobe has more guts than me but I wouldn’t come back

Agree with Scorpio 100%

He’s probably loving the anonymity in NY. Probably helping decide that he doesn’t want to be back in the spotlight because the media will be on his case for sure next year and don’t forget he has to put up with the brownlow bullshit

I hope Jobe does whatever is best for Jobe. And whatever decision he makes, I hope it brings him happiness. But how sad if he were never to play again because of the gutless actions or inaction of others.

The league, the media, the AFL fan base, professional athletes and AFL players, who should know better, have been unsupportive. Thank goodness he has a wonderful family behind him, and hopefully a supportive group of friends because many would not survive the pressure he has been exposed to.

The treatment of these players has been a disgrace on so many levels.
The truth needs to be exposed, no matter how long it takes, and the players vindicated.
Whatever they choose to do in the meantime, I for one will support them 100%.

Agree with Scorpio 100%

I hope Jobe does whatever is best for Jobe. And whatever decision he makes, I hope it brings him happiness. But how sad if he were never to play again because of the gutless actions or inaction of others.

The league, the media, the AFL fan base, professional athletes and AFL players, who should know better, have been unsupportive. Thank goodness he has a wonderful family behind him, and hopefully a supportive group of friends because many would not survive the pressure he has been exposed to.

The treatment of these players has been a disgrace on so many levels.
The truth needs to be exposed, no matter how long it takes, and the players vindicated.
Whatever they choose to do in the meantime, I for one will support them 100%.

And when you think that the current CEO of the AFL has never played footy at the elite level, and has the farkin hide to do most of the AFLs sniping behind the scenes that he has done, and then sat back probably snickering and bragging to the rest of the elite on how powerful he is, whilst watching true champions of the game like Jobe and Hirdy have the media destroy a reputation they have strived for for years, …well Gil, chopping them down has made you smaller not bigger you goose. You should hope society never breaks down mate cause there is going to be a lot of people hunting you you farkin spoiled little blue blood…Gil your nothing but a snivelling little turd son. Ditto for Mike !

or …

Pears chooses MFB over footy after saga put out his fire.

2 more???

2 more???

Pears = pairs

Jobe wont hide away.
He won’t stay in NY.
He trained like a beast before he went away.
He told the 12 to stick together and come back & seek success.
The issue for Jobe & Stants is that they have to believe at their age they are mentally & physically ready for AFL.
Once they know that they will come back.
Jobe’s resilience is 2nd only to Hirdy and he won’t retire because the media will go all hysterical over the Brownlow story.

The great lie underlying the continual media commentary as to who is the next Essendon player to leave is that the players have shown very clearly over 4 years they want to stay.
Apart from Ryder, no Essendon players have left because of the saga, and Ryder only left because of ASADA’s corrupt and dishonest fear campaign during the interviews. Crams and Melks got better offers which we didn’t match - & it seems that might be the case with Hibbo as well - Carlisle had his own internal saga happening.
The players are loyal and would be ecstatic that the team is playing ok and have managed to develop quickly and set up 2017.

Do we think the Brownlow being kept/taken away will have a say in his decision?

In theory it could, but in reality he’ll have to make his decision before that is decided.

In theory it could, but in reality he’ll have to make his decision before that is decided.

I suspect the AFL will try to use the Brownlow business to influence his decision.