Joe Daniher's kicking for goal

Right now I'm happy to put it down to nerves.

But seriously we need Lloyd down there ASAP!!

I think the arc was more noticeable this time because his two set shots were from a fair distance.

Once he's got the strength to take some marks closer to goal, I'd say he'll look a bit better.

I find it absurd that people think that just because someone can do something means they can teach it. Kicking is something that is pretty ingrained, both ways. So when Lloyd spends time with JD you'd hope he could do something more than just say "ummm  put the ball on your boot."

If we want a kicking coach, get a kicking coach.

One positive I've noticed from his kicking is that the ball tends to stay pretty straight once off the boot. In other terms the ball looks to stay pretty straight (albeit off line) rather than wobbling around mid air.

I know this will sound stupid but I’m not fussed by his misses!

It’s not like his shanking them out of bounds on the full. He is kicking a lot of points from 55m out.

I guess I will revisit this in 6 months time if he is still kicking points lol.

I know this will sound stupid but I'm not fussed by his misses!
It's not like his shanking them out of bounds on the full. He is kicking a lot of points from 55m out.
I guess I will revisit this in 6 months time if he is still kicking points lol.

He's a kid, he's at the start of his career, he's nervous. It'll improve quickly once he settles.

I find it absurd that people think that just because someone can do something means they can teach it. Kicking is something that is pretty ingrained, both ways. So when Lloyd spends time with JD you'd hope he could do something more than just say "ummm  put the ball on your boot." If we want a kicking coach, get a kicking coach.

Lloydy was a gun forward for this club in an era before zone defences.
He is clearly the man to come in and teach our forwards everything about the modern game.

Need to develop a routine. One like the Fish and Lloyd before him.

Need to develop a routine. One like the Fish and Lloyd before him.

Did you see Hurley throw the grass against the scum? It was only a small throw, he needs to work on it!!! I cheered when he did it.

The problem is obvious and the solution is simple.
He should run in straight towards the centre of the goal. He doesn't. He runs out wide toward the left hand point post. Nine times out of ten, that's where the ball ends up.
He needs to practise running in straight. Simple, basic rule.

Sort of the same way Buddy does it, though his goal to behind percentage wasn't too good either

His kicking has been solid in the vfl, im still thinking he has nerves at the moment.

He’s an average kick, accuracy-wise, but his recent AFL set shots clearly indicate his confidence is shot. The most obvious characteristic of his normal set-shot style is that he doesn’t care how far out he is: he just kicks it 50-60, comfortably. Consistency is good. It’s kinda rude at the lesser venues, though, because it means he kicks a lot of balls over fences and onto roads!

Need to look at all his shots, but for memory most have been from a fair distance out, 50+, and has arced massively. Differing your approach will always have a negative effect.

Col Hooper helped Stew for memory, think it was on The Hangar.

Just a confidence issue, people reading too much into it

Richo and Cloke never recovered from young age, when it gets you, it just gets you.

But I have to say that 90% of Joe’s misses were all from 40-55 m. It wasn’t. From 30 in front.

Disappointing that he’s missing.

BUT HE IS GETTING THE BALL! And he’s a ■■■■■■ kid still.

That full effort chest mark from the Watson clearance vs Carlton was magnificent to watch.

In front, contested - got it.

Tremendous future.

He never had such an obvious veer to the left in his runup when I saw him in the u18s. Dunno where it's come from all of a sudden.

I think Free Spirit is right. Nerves are affecting him.
Ive seen him kick 4.7 in the state champs.
It's a problem he has had for a while.
I reckon it is just a size thing. Because he is so large his ball drop isn't very compact as the ball needs to drop further.
It is just a small tweak in the action and a concentration thing.

I don't disagree with any of that but I think he is lacking confidence at the moment. His kicking is worse now than earlier in the year.

Lewis Jetta also had the same problem, I think Joe will be OK with minor tweaks of his kicking style.

Richo and Cloke never recovered from young age, when it gets you, it just gets you.
But I have to say that 90% of Joe's misses were all from 40-55 m. It wasn't. From 30 in front.

He missed plenty he should have got from within range. No excuses. His kicking is average. Needs to fix it otherwise we have a Cloke on how hands.

Lewis Jetta

Then: 0.19

Since: 68.34 (66%)

Overall: 68.53

Just saying.