Joe Daniher. Gone

Yes he’s played 104

2 Likes

He’s too young to lose both father and uncle.

I think that’s right. it would be interesting to look back at the ladder over the last few years and apply the same measure

Best player in the comp

he’s cooked

1 Like

I’ve come to terms with never seeing him in an Essendon jumper again. If he does it will be amazing and I will love it, but I’m done expecting it to happen.

2 Likes

Heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke that Cale Hooker had a friendly wager that Joe D would play up to 5 games with us this year.

3 Likes

There are 4 possible futures re Joe, as follows, in order of best to worst outcomes -

1. He stays and plays to his past ability.
  2. He goes, and we get a high draft pick (or 2?) as compensation
  3. He stays and is only a poor version of Joe past, or continues to battle OP
  4. He goes and we get SFA for him.

What we have had this year is no Joe, and about $800k of salary cap space used.

1. is a humungous improvement on this year. We would have an elite forward (worth every bit of his salary)
  2. is a big improvement on this year. No Joe but a high draft pick (or 2?) and $740k additional salary cap space.
  3. is a bit of an improvement on this year. A poor version of Joe is probably quite a bit better than what we have had this year. Salary cap probably better than this year.
  4. still better than this year. No Joe, no real compensation, but $740k of salary cap space (and possibly greater opportunity for Gown, Jones, Bryan)

In summary, all are better outcomes than this year.

1 Like

Zero is “up to” five.

16 Likes

Prob play seniors in 3 weeks time.

Why are you people doing this to yourselves?

Don’t you remember how bad you felt last year when he tried to leave?

It’s going to happen again. Your just going to feel like crap once more.

Don’t put each other through the agony.

7 Likes

expect the worse, hope for the best

6 Likes

You cannot play zero games.

That’s how many I played for Essendon

7 Likes

C’mon, the concept of zero was invented about 4000 years ago. Catch up.

3 Likes

I’m doing it right now

4 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t yet caught onto the use of the phrases “up to” and “as early as” is going to struggle in this world.

4 Likes

But they’ll be beloved by advertising agencies, toothpaste companies & hair replacement clinics.

1 Like

Thanks Dr DJR. Play involves actually taking part. Being on the ground. Wearing the jumper. It is more accurate to say “He will not play a game” than to say “ he played zero games”. But thanks for the mathematical clarity you’ve provided. Your intellect is as large as it is unwelcome.

Actually Barry neither is more accurate. Given one statement is in the future tense, and the supposed equivalent is in the past tense they don’t even mean the same thing,
Which just proves @theDJR isn’t the only pedantic poster lurking here.

5 Likes