John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

We need this bloke at this club.

1 Like

Ah. Who has told them that? Just asking for a friend.

Competition for spots is the best way to get the most out of a list.

Still not confident that Woosha won’t revert back to his favourites though unfortunately.

Next week will be very interesting.

I am summizimg.

But what reason could they’d give for not doing media?

I don’t know, but it’s a fair jump to suggest it’s because we think we’ve been vicitmized by the media.

1 Like

To not be proud of their performance, to now focus on the next week.

Personally I think it is to avoid them being asked questions about Bomber Thompson and Mike Fitzpatrick comments

Fair enough. As I said I have little time for AFL media. Most are as useful as dog ■■■■ in the tread of your shoes. But woosha did deserve to come under the microscope .

2 Likes

If he had this kind of press conference last week, people would have said he has no idea what’s going on, how to fix our problems and the way forward.
Even when Harvs went on SEN, the general consensus was that we had no answers on how to fix this.

This isn’t a quick and easy fix. We’ve shown the capability to be competitive when it’s not expected. We generally let ourselves down once we’re confident and expected to win.
These same traits have been in the Bulldogs and Tigers, but at some point in time, the players clicked with them and they began performing every week.

Hopefully, our players have turned the corner, but that could have been said plenty of times in the last 5 years.

1 Like

because the players are all passed out at revs.

1 Like

I always take it that the media are mean. If anything can be construed as controversial or can be manipulated and worded to reflect poorly or hint of scandal, then it’s sensational. And the sensational sells and puts money in the pockets of reporters who make a living off defaming and scandilizing others.

We should never give the twatwaffling sycophants a word. and to hear that the imbecilic, shrewish daughter of a motherless goat is miffed by Essendon… Too bad, so sad. please, go and infest an iguana lined bat cave somewhere and do the world a favour…

1 Like

They’re lowlife pond scum who thrive, and indeed seek to popularise and create, others’ misfortune.

Remember the coach’s meeting, remember the back page photo of Stephanie Hird.

What possible reason could any Essendon supporter have for treating the football media as human beings?

18 Likes

Worsfold: Don’t worry about any media this weekend boys.

Players: Yeeessss!!!

7 Likes

How hard is it for Heppel the captain fronts up and speaks.

We’re not getting carried away.

We won’t be happy until that’s our consistent level of effort.

Not answer stuff about coaches/Neeld etc.

It’s not hard for him to do that. Then we wouldn’t have to guess the meaning behind it. For mine it does come across as petulant.

Hope we haven’t been sucked in again, if they can keep up the endeavour shown yesterday, who knows, it may become just natural to them.

(I’ve already run outta likes this morning)

2 Likes

We should continue doing the opposite of whatever we usually do after a win.

11 Likes
15 Likes

They shoved the microphone under Heppel’s nose at the end of the game yesterday. That;s when I did turn up the volume and yep, Heppel said exactly what you said above. So why have to say it again, what sensationalism do the slimy rock crawlers want?

3 Likes

If it takes the team ‘bunkering down’ for a few weeks to get them to realise they can’t just coast through and be successful… then so be it.

I really don’t think this has anything to do with the media and it definitely isn’t meant to provide the fans with less information. This is about galvanising the playing group. Worth a try imo.

1 Like

Who cares?

It probably is a snub and if so then I’m sure the club has it’s reasons.

Or maybe it was Hooker’s turn but he had to take his dog to the vet because he ate chocolate (dogs shouldn’t eat chocolate, it’s bad for their liver or something, they can’t process it properly but usually not life threatening if they can get to the vet in time) and there wasn’t anybody else available at short notice.

Dunno.

2 Likes

Fark the media.

Never forget, never forgive.

16 Likes