John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Nothing wrong with the coaches. Nothing wrong with Woosha. Best presser OAT! Nothing wrong with the list. Nothing wrong with our recruiting. Not saying we are perfect but well above AFL average.

Plenty wrong with game day performance by our good players. That’s why we are 3-6. Daniher, Hurley Zerrett (2017 all Aus btw)McGrath, Tippa, Parish year to date all playing at 50% of last years output. Fanta hasn’t played and is crucial to our scoring. Frances has been fighting his own demons but is a definite senior player. Stringer has been a tease so far.
Smith, Saad have been great.
We all want success but we need to take a deep breath and believe a bit.

1 Like

Is that you RoCo?

I despise mainstream media. They have crucified us and will continue do so at every opportunity, all in the name of making a living off trashing and scandalizing others. I consider all reporters as bottom feeding, low life gutter scum. Lower than used car salesmen, politicians, dog catchers, dog $hit, parking inspectors and getting close to being on a par with Carlton supporters.

I don’t know about other Blitzers, I most often turn the volume off when watching footy on the tele and I never listen to footy on the radio, because I so despise the constant commentating bias. I don’t listen to the after game pressers because you know that some know-it-all, self proposed $hit-hot scoop reporter is going to ask the most stupid and intrusive question, all in the name of big noting him/herself and the flog media institution he/she represents.

Phuque 'em Woosha, give the ba$tards nothing.

11 Likes

Damn Right!

See, I am reading something different in Woosha attitude at the press conference. And you can see it at points during the telecast (the replay)… Woosha is ■■■■■■ off that he doesnt have a single point of communication any more. He is ■■■■■■ off that things are not being done the way he wants them (outside of the context of players playing well). A couple of times the camera turned to him where he was basically telling someone in the coaches box to go away. I also dont think you saw “his” game plan yesterday…

I just watched said presser. Worsfold didn’t come across any different to me.

Straight batter is Worsfold.

1 Like

Hag was on ABC tv this morning. Suggested Woosha was petulant. Win!

10 Likes

And if anyone knows petulance…

16 Likes

It’s the level of questioning and baiting. “You had 91 tackles tonight, that was the difference” when we had 91 tackles last week. “Are you relieved after last week?” which after last weeks press conference, it would have been difficult not to note that Woosha didn’t see an issue with Neeld going and that it wouldn’t have an impact.

Shut the hell up that’s a possibility.

LOL the footy show on C9 (Tony Jones and purple) having an almighty sook that EFC Media Dept (or Footy Dept) didn’t release any players for media today. They said it was unfair on the fans that they were being deprived of seeing and hearing their players after a good win…

15 Likes

Well I’m a fan and I don’t have an issue with it.

16 Likes

I’m happy with it actually.

Club is locking itself down, it shows intent to purely just focus on the footy.

They shouldn’t speak on behalf of the supporters.

6 Likes

I have an issue with it.

The last thing our players need is people telling them they have been victims. Oh the media had treated you unfairly and you need revenge. Please… give me a break. Side had been shizen all year and deserved all the bad press they got.

This club needs to get harder not develop victim complexes.

1 Like

Playing the youngsters injected some enthusiasm, motivation and this is my big chance into the game. Anyone who doesn’t perform, I mean anyone, needs to get dropped. Consistency and gold old fashioned guts and grunt. Good game everyone.

Will Woosha and the selectors, continue this sort of behaviour or, simply revert back to the same old, same old. Its wait and see.

There are player interviews on the Essendon website. If you’re a fan, go there and watch those interviews. I don’t want to see other dipsh!t journos setting up our players by asking them about Neeld and other non game specific questions. They can all bugger off!

14 Likes

I didn’t see it as “media have been mean so you’re going to ignore them”.

I’ve taken it as “focus on your footy and not any outside noise”.

4 Likes

Quite a conspiracy theory you got there

3 Likes

I’m personally sick of parading our players out after a win. because we go and fkg lose the next one.

7 Likes

Ideally yes but the ‘us against the world’ mentality can be an effective motivational tactic. And for a coach who gets slammed for his lack of imagination…I don’t mind it.

I haven’t checked the website but I’d imagine there’s some fan friendly stuff there.

1 Like