John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Agree. And the fact that the boys chipped away at Collingwood big lead for the whole game means they trust the system. Very good signs from last nights game. In the end it was won on luck.

2 Likes

Possibly one of those calls they make that kinda works, but also has a knock-on effect.

Yesterday is one of the first games in a long time where we looked better than the opposition by the end of the game. Hopefully that means that with better first quarters we will be capable of big wins. Perrcentage has been a big kiler for us in recent years.

1 Like

Since last week?

1 Like

That’s why i said “one of the first”. TBH i wasn’t sure how much to take from last week because of how bad North are. Yesterday felt good.

2 Likes

No, I think they moved to Perth before the first qtr, then moved back at qtr time.

5 Likes

Unfortunately - bizarrely - it is against the fascist code rules.

2 Likes

Are alien comments still allowed?

Or seagulls?

1 Like

Na your not doing that at all.

I think it’s a worthy topic. Our ruck isn’t optimal at the moment. Working out the right combo with Belly, Draper, Clark, Smack and Joe is a work in progress and I’m not entirely sure what the best combo is.

1 Like

Arguable.
We’ve had 4 of the better rucks in the comp in the last month (Gawn, Goldstein, Martin, & Grundy).
We’ve done a passable job against all of them, IMHO - with TBC only really getting up to match fitness in the last fortnight or so.

In many years gone by those mobile, ball chasing rucks have torched us.

This isnt a Worsfold thing or gang up on Wim thing and Id type this if the topic was posted in the game review thread too.

I dont think even with the benefit of hindsight that giiving TBC an appropriate chop out in the ruck was wrong. Joe didnt kick a lot of early goals and was beaten by Moore early before he rucked.
It seemed to bring him into the match.

Clarkson often throws Roughead into the ruck to get him some confidence and a few touches.

Grundy clearly tired in the second half and TBC was beating him here and there and our midfield started to break even. If TBC was tired then Collingwood runs away with the game and we sit here saying TBC should have been given the chop out. Grundy is the game tipper IMO.

Both Joe and TBC exceeded my expectations with good to great games. One might argue that Joe may have kicked 6 if left forward but I don’t agree and I think its is far more likely that even if he did kick 6 that a tired TBC would have leaked more than 2 the other way due to Grundy and their mids.

Joe should ruck 30% every week IMO.

1 Like

He should. If a defender is all over him it gets him off the leash. He’s also very dangerous at ground level like Grundy and can easily kick a goal from the centre square. If we wrap him in cotton wool we’ll never see him play to his potential.

1 Like

Surprised that this thread has had no action… Almost as surprised by how many people actually thought we had a chance today. Cats are a quality outfit even though they shouldn’t be.

A good gauge of how a coach is going is how many players have improved under their reign.

At this stage I can say Myers, Mitch Brown and possibly McKernan.

A few of the younger players are improving but they have had no exposed form so it’s difficult to assess them.

1 Like

Actually not me, I thought we’d get done by ten goals but it was only five and that was because the Cats took their foot off the pedal in the fourth and were inaccurate in the first quarter.

I hope he gets the ■■■■ I’m sick of his inability to change things up when plan a is not working.

Cats were inaccurate in the first quarter?

Lol

6 Likes

Yeah kicked 6 straight from their first ten inside 50’s. Was crazily efficient.

3 Likes

Its a good thing we do not give the coaches points.

He could have tried hooker forward.

Were there any moves made?