John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Woosha isn’t really a ‘make a move’ kind of coach, or a ‘Plan B’ kind of coach, or a tactical coach… Or a game day coach… Or a very good coach.

But if you can look past that, there are some real positives.

6 Likes

If that’s the case, stick me in the coaches box. At least I’ll maje moves - half arssed moves, based on emotion. But moves none the less. But can give a rev up.

1 Like

The question about who has improved is a legitimate one I reckon.

Not sure whether it’s Woosh or other development staff, but not many (or not enough) players have got gotten dramatically better under his reign. It’s an issue for sure.

3 Likes

You count their inaccuracy but not ours?
How’s that logic work?

1 Like

Che?

It was something like 6.0 to 3.3 at one stage?

This guy will win the game of thrones. He’s a crafty politician, biding his time with another 11 win season.

He has the Bran soul crushing stare down pat.

About 18 of our players struggled against arguably the best team in the league.

Is it Woosha’s fault that we can’t hit targets, fumble the ball (all farking year we’ve done that) and make poor decisions? Not entirely. We’re just not quite there imo.

5 Likes

Identify players who Woosha has improved - please

Ambrose
Myers
TBC
McKenna
Fantasia
Tippa

Bags reinvented as a fwd

Redman, Ridley, Guelfi and Parish and McG have played well this year. But have only had woosha as a coach

Brown and McKernan not playing but meet the criteria.

Could even argue Zaka.

I mean that’s easily half the team.

1 Like

True
But please explain the duties or responsibility of a coach.
How does our team reflect it is being well or badly coached in your opinion?

1 Like

Very generous - if I accept your names then why are we not improving as a team?

1 Like

Swap McKenna with Tippa?
Or McKenna in the midfield? He was having a bad day

1 Like

We’re better than the first two rounds.

Agreed - but go through the Geelong list today and see how many ‘new’ and young players are being developed within their structure and environment. To sit there today and watch a team that was supposed to be on the way down (before their careful and targeted recruiting) smash us was disappointing.

2 Likes

Yep, they must have only a handful of players left from their last flag and they are not having anywhere near the same influence as they did.

They played like a team today and we looked like a team of individuals.

Geelong is a better club than us, have been for a long time.

Remember when Bomber came here and thought we were massively behind the 8 ball.

His refusal to change things up when things are working does my head in

Other teams seem to have specific plans for our players. Doesn’t feel like we are ever prepared for the best teams.

It was clear as day Francis was struggling badly up forward. Why not put Francis back on Rohan. Hurley goes to Hawkins and hooker goes forward. We desperately need a big target up forward to push joe further up the ground to get into the game

I will give worsfold credit he did make one move. Parish after playing a very good first half in the middle, played a lot more forward in the 3rd qtr. top notch coaching right there

If it’s broken don’t fix it

If it’s working, break it

6 Likes

He did change things up, the only mid that could get clean possession was thrown forward.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing worsfold coaching from the interchange. A lot of the quality coaches in the comp do it these days to get their messages through quickly to their players. Plus sitting up high is so you can see the field better and make tactical changes. This isn’t his strength anyway, so use the strength he supposedly has ‘player management’ to better use.

2 Likes