John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Nearly got his men over the line except for the odd clanger and poor decision, still, a 10 goal turnaround indicates some improvement since the earlier rounds. He’s getting off pretty lightly this week after a loss, there would have to be some veiled sniping going on in another thread.

Last nights loss wasn’t on him. The players didn’t perform plain and simple

3 Likes

It’s a team effort.

Mate, we played like crap and still only fell 8 points short of the reigning premier.
Get some farking perspective.

3 Likes

I don’t think richmond played particularly well either…

No they didn’t.
Point still stands though.

It was a funny game in the way it lacked the intensity you’d expect given what was at stake for Essendon but the thing I find most uncomfortable is that Richmond can go into a game, any game thinking they can just go through the motions and will get up. This is a historical anathema based on 35 years of observing Richmond. D Trump, Richmond expecting to win… The fark is going on?

1 Like

What are you going on about. They played well in patches against a pretty good side.
With one less brain fade and a clanger they could have got up.
For some reason, the usual Woosha sniping after a loss hasn’t materialised.

I thought both sides played below their capabilities. The pressure was a factor of course, but generally speaking, both teams have recently shown a far higher standard. Missed targets, missed opportunities, shonky decisions. All considering, I thought it was a fairly even match on the day, though a frustratingly error-ridden one.
Loved John’s presser. Spoke very well.
Glad he is our coach.

8 Likes

In addition, when you get players of the calibre of Raz extending a contract, the message being delivered is that he’s got the players behind him.

2 Likes

I know selection isn’t purely at John’s discretion but I’d love to know who the geniuses are at the club who wouldn’t rest BJ during the season. There was several times that would have been ideal to rest him and others throughout the year and the week off could have made a huge difference down the stretch

5 Likes

Well Harvey runs the backline, so the major input would be his.
Then the majority of the rest would have to agree with him.
And Woosha would have to be accepting of the decision.
Then the decision is a fact.

Any talk of us going after ratten? replace the skip

Can anybody be tell me if Harvey is actually any good - he seems to have been around for ages, ousted by freo, teamed up with crazy vossy and was naturally a bit of a nut to start off with. ( actually the only bloke I ever saw that genuinely hurt Worsfold.)
But is it just jobs for the boys. Reboot you seem to be in the know. Or brasha,who I suspect is Paul brasher.

hasn’t boot added harvey to the skipworth cannon too?

I’m with Boot on this.
Don’t rate Harvey at all and definitely should be joining Skippy and his cooking in the cannon

1 Like

Yep. I’ve got him in the cannon.

3 Likes

The midfield’s improved heaps this year, just like the forward line did last year.

Skippy has been at the club since Knights was coaching ffs how can a bloke last at one club for so long

media grub on ‘on the couch’ going with we’re chasing ben rutten (tigers defense coach)

1 Like