John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

I was about to ask which grub before I realised I just don’t care anymore

6 Likes

Tom Morris?

Yep. Imagine the legs press battle out of skippy and Rutten.

He’s in his 4th year and is the defensive coach which is probably the line we can improve most in.

Carowhine Wilson on ‘Talking Footy’ says that Rutten is coming to EFC to work with Woosha. Sounded pretty definite. Why would that be announced before the end of the Tigers season though? Pity - it was Caracella that we really wanted!

1 Like

Truck Rutten…to make it easier we should just refer to him as SCANIA on here

1 Like

I’m going with Bas.

Laters Harves

I’m liking Dan Richardson

4 Likes

RICH defence are massive cheats with all the ball-ignorant body work that they do.

It’s no surprise that, for example, COLL fans started complaining about Mason Cox being shepherded out of marking contests, straight after COLL played RICH.

I know we might win more by doing the same, but it will feel dirty.

I feel so negative about the direction of the game… that when it is done…when we win our 17th premiership, and start heading down the ladder again…it may be time for me to switch over to European football forevermore.

If you get blamed for the crap, you have to get blamed for the great.

Whoever fixed us up did a great job.

No input from the doctor(s)?

Not unless he was returning from injury.

He was, kind of. He was taken off during the previous game and seen to by the medico’s - surely they would have had an input as to whether he should have played the following week… Just like when someone is concussed.
Also if, as you say, Harvey is a big problem (and everyone in the inner sanctom knows it) why wouldn’t the rest of the selection committee say “get ■■■■■■, he’s not playing” if they disagreed.
If what you say is true… it sounds like the rest of the selection committee is pretty ■■■■■■■ weak.

Happy to get someone from richmond but i also want someone to come over from hawthorn. Suprised that we have never had anyone come from their system, they are the most succesful side of the last 15 yrs and have arguably the best senior coach we have seen in clarkson.

I’m happy we have got somebody from there. Rutten would be a good replacement for Harvey.

Well obviously it was nothing of consequence in the instance you are talking about.

And the question I answered was “I know selection isn’t purely at John’s discretion but I’d love to know who the geniuses are at the club who wouldn’t rest BJ during the season. There was several times that would have been ideal to rest him and others throughout the year and the week off could have made a huge difference down the stretch”. Which is a different question altogether.

Harvey being part of the problem is my personal view.

No, it just means that the line coach has the biggest say about players in his group.
That’s part of his job.
They are his responsibility.
It’s the same at every club.

That’s not what you said when you made the statement that Harvey was a big part of the problem in the coaching dept.

I agree that if a player is fit to play then the line coach would have the big say… but there have been many stories told about fierce debates taking place around team selection. James Hird recently told the story about his heated disagreement with Bomber about a certain player. The coaches also see BJ as having an important on field coaching role… That’s a team issue which might mean that other coaches supported his inclusion.
I don’t know what went on at the selection table… but neither does anyone on this forum.

Making the hard but correct decisions.

3 Likes

Yep, investing in the future. Right decision. We would have inadvertently shed one of the up and comers.

1 Like

Really