John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

The 18m goal square should change these issues next season anyway.

2 Likes

Even the best numbers are poor, less than one goal a game coming from kick ins.
No wonder they’re lengthening the goal square. Could be a big game changer if you can get ahead of the comp with a really good kick in plan.

1 Like

I like the rule. Will give opportunity to transition fast and the defence will be more spread so on a turn over it will be open inside 50. I can see players kicking over 80, I think this could increase main goal kicker by one a game.

We try to be a corridor team, All the other teams know this and try to cut off our centring kick and run through the middle off half back. Good teams often spread, fast, overlap and chain down the wings from kickins and we have had a lot of trouble defending against this, ( especially in rounds 2-8 because of insufficient work rate.) Collingwood killed us with that type of play, as did the Bulldogs . But, I noticed our side starting chaining down the wing more in the last couple of games. Hopefully its another layer we have added to the game plan to combat teams that try to block the corridor…

Came too late for Fletcher. Imagine him with an 18 metre goal square.

6 Likes

HAVE A SHOT, HAVE A SHOT!

7 Likes

You know, he never did it enough.

1 Like

Clearly not very good at it then.

We will have to stop calling it a goal square

1 Like

goal quadrant

A bit of 2 + 2 here, so take for what it’s worth, but Harvey’s got form for playing blokes until they’re cooked, then putting them back out there for a little bit more. Pav went berko at him for how hard he pushed him and Sandi and a few others when he was senior coach at Freo.

1 Like

goal rectangle

1 Like

Yep. The incredibly long goal rectangle is seriously demented. Even by Gil standards. Long kicking FB to a long kicker positioned attacking side of the centre square = goal in two kicks. They’ll speed the game up, and reduce congestion, by eliminating the contest. Farksticks!

3 Likes

They could save a lot of time and just decide the game with the coin-toss.

1 Like

Mate, you have to get to the end point one step at a time. That one’s a couple of years away yet.

2 Likes

The AFL have an end point?

THE DANGER ZONE

Oh yeah. They’ll call it something stupid like that.

Goal Oblong.

Quadrangle.

No … “QUADRAGON”.

1 Like

Do we concede more scores from kick in turnovers than other teams?