John Worsfold - will not get a new contract in 2021

Yes, really.

Ok.
I doubt it.
That would be way out of character, and not something I would normally do.
But I couldn’t be farked arguing about it.

Rutten 2020.
Thoughts please nino you zany badger

2 Likes

Hesitant to quote myself, but the “news” or “rumour” about Rutten to Essendon when added to this starts to add credence to a change in our defensive assistant coach. Rutten is the defensive coach at Richmond.
Richmond, along with Hawthorn, have really good defensive setups. That, along with a really good inside mid is probably the last piece to put in place to “#Make Essendon great again”

1 Like

Hope we get Rutten and Ratten, surely some fun to be had there.

6 Likes

Baz?

Wrestling coach, I’m down for that.

Rutten to be our Defensive Coach. Harvey to move into Mark Neelds Performance Manager of Performance role. Harvey to be loaded into a cannon and fired into the sun after we go 2-6 at the start of next year for continuity purpose.

Perhaps he’s more inclined to a promotion, than a move from a line coach at the premiership side, to a line coach at a finals aspirant.

When do they announce coaching changes?

Early comments were senior assistant, maybe we’re restructuring the setup based on Richardson’s analysis.

Sometime after people have actually finished their jobs as a general rule

1 Like

ha - I wonder if Amart sell cannons?

That hasn’t stopped them announcing player sackings.

I assumed you meant new coaches

No, I meant existing coaches… They must already know which assistants won’t be offered a new contract - wasn’t there a deadline a few weeks back for informing assistant coaches.

Nice little article on AFL site regarding kick ins. Pretty much confirms what our eyes have seen for two years… we are completely crap in that area. I hope the coaching staff spend a bit of time on in this year. Is costing us games.

Was interesting to see that Richmond were also not great at launching attacks from kick-ins… so perhaps that is who we are copying. Not surprising to see teams like Hawks, Sydney and Geelong on the top of the heap. All of them have the ability to score quickly from a kick in and, I think, one of the reasons they are perennially near the top.

2 Likes
2 Likes

We go safety first with or kickins. (like half the teams in the AFL based on that the limited info in that story)

The long kick near the boundary is the least dangerous place to turn the ball over and the easiest place to reset with a stoppage. Clearly they’ve decided that when the opposition have their zone set up to minimise risk, rather than attempt to thread kicks through the corridor in the most dangerous place to turn it over.